Distorted Picture and Sound

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Stuteman, Aug 15, 2004.

1. Stuteman

Stuteman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Just recently I have started to get distorted picture and sound on most recordings. It is almost like a short "freeze" and then picks up again. Sometimes I get a very clear view of another programme entirely, but just for a second or two. The picture also seems to "pixcelate" at the same time as the freeze.

The Sky+ box was installed last December. Version 2?

Can anyone help?

2. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Which model is it? If it's the Pace BSKYB3000 it could have a faulty tuner. If the fault occurs ONLY on recordings then that points to the tuner number 2.

It could just possibly be a Hard Drive fault but that wouldn't explain the "very clear view of another programme".

I suppose it might be an LNB fault but I doubt it. Again II can't see how the LNB could produce the wrong programme unless its oscillator was running wild and that would surely affect all outputs.

3. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    The other program may be a frame or two that is still in the video buffer or being recevied from the other tuner.
    I kept gettign a flash of a picture when starting to watch a recording many moons ago, finally figured out it was a frame from the credits of Futurama I had been watching "live" before playing back the recording:)

4. Stuteman

Stuteman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I think it is the Pace Silver box. Not sure of model no. AS ir is under a year old will Sky come and look under warranty?

Reg

5. ancientgeek

ancientgeek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Or perhaps is just the Wisteria (or other foliage) growing over the dish. (I have to cut mine back to 9 feet away twice a year). I get similar symptoms - at first only when it rains on the Wisteria. Seeing the "wrong" program may just be what was recorded on the disk before, or perhaps what is currently tuned in.

6. Stuteman

Stuteman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    If only I had any!!

7. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979

Yes.
    The SKY+ and dish/lnb etc are all covered by the standard 12 month warranty assuming it was sourced from SKY or one of it's agents.