Distance questions.

StoicJedi

Novice Member
Reaction score
Good evening gents.

I'm very new to this and was wondering if it's possible to mount a 3D projector only 2 maybe 3 meters away from the screen? What sort of issues would I have to look at?

Thanks very much and thanks for any advice.

You can get short throw projectors that can give you a 100" image from only a meter and half or two away. Any other projector you are talking about a 90" screen from 3 meters away at full zoom.

With a benq w1070+ you can get a 100" screen at 2.5 meters
with an optoma gt1070x you can get 100" from 1 meter
with an optoma hd141x you get 100" screen at 3.3 meters

When looking for a projector i used THIS calculator to give me an idea of what i could get at certain distances.

I think with projectors that are not short throw and they are too close they might be too bright.

I'm in no way an expert or even remotely close to being one. I just read a bunch of stuff when looking for a projector for myself.

I get roughly a 115" screen size diagonal from just over 3.5 meters away ( benq w1070) without zoom engaged

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Cant say much about the screen as i only have a cheap pulldown one, but the projector is meant to be good. I hear good things about the benq projectors all the time and reviews always seem positive.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom