1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dissapointing qed q-sync

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by spinner, Oct 11, 2004.

1. spinner

spinner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    currently using panasonic w5 and had been thinking about the q sync rgb/svga converter since last xmas

so this weekend i bought the qed q sync box,and i have to say its not worth the money,picture was no better if not slightly worse than s video,picture had more noise on as well

one thing i noticed on the w5 was that on the "PC" mode (which the plasma must be on to watch via svga ) the colour adjustment option had dissapeared all the colours were far to strong with now no way to turn down,and the "extended black drive" option was also missing from the menu

one school of thought behind the sometimes poor quality of rgb/svga is that any picture signal converted to another (rgb-svga) will always loose some quality.

does anyone think the JS box would be any better?

2. nobbydog

nobbydog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Yep! I tried the Qsync and the keene Syncblaster, both were very disappointing for me also on my PW6. Went to a JS box RGB/VGA and the difference is clear. If anything the colours are too strong at first and it takes a bit of fiddling to tone them down. Also worth mentioning the massive improvement of the JS box over the scart input. Money very well spent IMHO :lesson: .

3. spinner

spinner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    yes the colours were strong.....how come the pany looses the colour adjustment settings and real black drives in pc (svga) mode????