• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

disquising your sub

My Celestion S8 off ebay is a bit marked beyond repair and I need to decorate/disquise it to make it asthetically pleasing. I cannot hide it behind furniture so It,s a make over job. It,s video grey veneer, downward firing and connected via speaker cables in/out. My ideas are spraying it, fablon/melamine it, cover it in leather or fur to make a bit of a arty peice etc etc. Any ideas Lawrence Llewelyn Bowen?

Thanks to sarcasm, sarcasm and sons. As much as I love hi-fi and home cinema, I hate to see speakers and wires everywhere. God, I sound like the wife!:confused:

rhubarbe

Well sorry. But honestly, it's huge. You're going to struggle to hide that. Only thing I can think of is to paint it the same colour as the walls in your room.

You're going to tell me they're wallpapered, aren't you?

Mr Cat

Banned
rhubarbe said:
Well sorry. But honestly, it's huge. You're going to struggle to hide that. Only thing I can think of is to paint it the same colour as the walls in your room.

You're going to tell me they're wallpapered, aren't you?

now, theres a novel idea... :D

CJROSS

JP 2 ideas to disguise you sub :

FirstLY plonk it beneath a nice table or lamp side table :

th_SysJan06-6.jpg

Secondly plonk it inside a £20 Corras Bedside cabinet from Ikea. Here is one used as a hifi rack, you simply don’t fit the shelf and there you have a subwoofer cloaking device.

th_secondsystem1.jpg

HiFiRuss71

Distinguished Member
Sarcasm aside (really, it was too much to resist), I have seen people stitch together a five sided box of fabric. Sort of like a square sock. Not only can you coordinate it with other soft furnishings, it softens the look of an otherwise rectangular box.

Russell

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom