Question Disposing of an old laptop

llall86

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have an eight year old MSI GX660R gaming laptop that I no longer use. I have no interest in trying to sell it and I don't want to throw it away. Are there any charitable organisations that will accept old but functioning laptops?

any charity shop

Many won't accept electrical goods like laptops, but they should certainly be able to direct you to somewhere in the area that does.

Big, heavy, noisy laptops that are no longer powerful are likely to be the least desirable though, so don't be surprised if nobody's particularly interested.

Big, heavy, noisy laptops that are no longer powerful are likely to be the least desirable though, so don't be surprised if nobody's particularly interested.
Good to know.

I’ll try the local charity shops. Thanks guys.

Hi. Did you ever get rid of this? It's just I've been looking around the forums trying to look up gaming laptops (I haven't a clue about them! I'm just console) but I didn't want to spend alot plus I'm not into new games. All I want to do is play older games half life & old star wars/fallout.

I’ve still got it. Unfortunately, my TV has broken so my new laptop fund is going towards repairs/a replacement which means I’m stuck with the old laptop for a while.

If I do get rid of it I’ll definitely let you know. It handles older games well (currently replaying Half Life 2 and Left 4 Dead 2 on medium-high settings with decent frame rates).

Thanks for letting me know. Hope you get the tv soon, my wife would kill me if ours broke (it'd be my fault of course haha).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom