1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displeased with Richer Sounds

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by mobily, Jan 27, 2004.

1. mobily

mobily
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hello all,

I couple of weeks ago I purchased a sony dav-s550 system from Richer Sounds for £270 multi region. I didn't open the box for a few days as the only reason I bought it was because I am moving in a few weeks and knew that this system is being fazed out.

When I had time I checked the contents of the box and I am extremely glad that I did. Everything was present and correct bar probably one of the most important pieces of kit..... the speaker cable!

I rang Richer Sounds the next day and they seemed surprised and said that they had no sony systems left in stock and so would have to order the cable in. They told me to ring them 3 days later to see if it has arrived, which I did. It hadn't arrived and the bloke took my number and said he would call me when it arrived, probably in about 3 days time. I waited, heard nothing and called again. Still no cable, but I was promised faithfully that they would contact me as soon as it arrived.

I have just been away for 4 days and came back expecting a message on the answer machine from Richer Sounds. There was no such message and it has now been almost 2 weeks since I contacted them!

I realise that in my particular case it doesn't matter so much as I wasn't planning on using the system, but how do they know that?

I shall ring them tommorrow to ask them what is going on.

I asked if they could send me some speaker cable with the sony connectors on the end, but they said that wasn't possible.

I hope that they do something to restore my faith in a company where I have usually purchased excellent products with no problem.

Thanks for listening to my rant,

James

2. 3george

3george
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Think yourself lucky- I bought a graded S550 from HyperFi in Essex only to find it had no remote. Fair play to them however that with one phone call they posted a replacement which came the next day.

Are you aware if it is possible to purchase the speaker plugs which are used on the 550. They are of a design I have not seen before. ??

3george.

3. seafoodmix

seafoodmix
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Richer sounds offer some great deals but ...

You spend hours reading reviews, looking at this forum, then you try and ring them and they dont answer the phone. You then make the journey down there on the chance that they may have it and they tell you they they havent got it. And then they tell you they get a delivery in a week but dont know whether that will be included...but this item is just as good they say.

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Contact RS head office and Sony UK see they are more help.