Question DisplayPort to HDMI 2.0a

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by tomu94, Aug 13, 2017.

1. tomu94

tomu94
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I'm new here and although I've done quite a bit of research I'm fairly inexperienced with 4K, chroma, colour depth etc. so go easy on me!

I have the Samsung UE49KU6400U which I'm very happy with but I'm having trouble getting HDR to work with my PC. It's through my own fault really as I purchased a gtx460 graphics card for my pc to get 4k to the TV but I missed that HDR will only work from the DisplayPort on the graphics card and the TV does not have a DisplayPort.

So I looked into converting the DisplayPort (which does support 1.4) to HDMI 2.0a (which the TV supposedly supports through a firmware update last year). From what I Understand, it has to be 2.0a in order to send HDR?

I have looked everywhere for a DisplayPort to HDMI 2.0a converter that is sold in the UK and cannot find one anywhere. I have found only one that is sold in America on Amazon but does not ship to the UK. www.amazon.com/DisplayPort-HDMI-2-0a-Active-Adapter/dp/B01B6ZOMIS (this product was sold on the UK amazon site but now shows as unavailable and unknown wether it will be back in stock)

If I do manage to find this converter in the UK, will HDR work or am I wasting my time?

I cannot afford to buy another graphics card so my only solution is this converter I think...

Thanks In advance :)

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,433
    'From what I Understand, it has to be 2.0a in order to send HDR?' - your devices all need to be HDR_ compliant - ignore Version Numbers and look for Feature support.

I don't see HDR mentioned on the Adapter you link to - I'd contact the Manufacturer to confirm what it supports.

Joe

PS Uptab seem to ship to the UK!