Displaying Text as a jpeg

common

Hello,

Any tips on the best way to do this without is distorting as you reduce the file size?

I need to convert some text into an image that has a file size less than 50K - I have tried saving powerpoint as an image, a PDF and word and it always looks distorted when I view it - it's not a massive amount of text - only 10 lines of code

Any ideas welcome

Thanks in advance

Chox1988

Distinguished Member
Quite a tiresome way but could try zooming into a paint file that size and typing it out in there.

Hello,

Any tips on the best way to do this without is distorting as you reduce the file size?

I need to convert some text into an image that has a file size less than 50K - I have tried saving powerpoint as an image, a PDF and word and it always looks distorted when I view it - it's not a massive amount of text - only 10 lines of code

Any ideas welcome

Thanks in advance

What type of background is it going on ?

Any way best way to do this is say the image as a gif or png and what you would really want to do is save it from something like photoshop and when saving tell it to remove the background that way you should have nice clean text. That way you save on file size and you have less compression.

Example text-test.gif

If you dont have photoshop PM the text and I can save it for you ;)

sorry - can you give me a clue where that option is when you save it?

Put your text on a layer.
select the text and make it a channel. just click on the square with the little circle in it. It will create alpha 1 layer.
Go to save for web and devices.
select gif format
select optimise menu (its the little triangle in the circle)
select optimise file size.
select 50k
under the gif option you will have another circle inside a box select that and load the alpha channel from before.
click on save on your done

common

This is the text - if you can help!!:lease:

Try
'Create the Command Text
oCmd = New OleDb.OleDbCommand()
With oCmd
.Connection = New OleDb.OleDbConnection(strConn)
.CommandText = strSQL
End With
oAdapter = New OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter()
With oAdapter
MISSING LINE OF CODE:
.Fill(oTable)
End With
oCmd.Connection.Close()
With IstProducts
.DisplayMember = "ProductName"
.ValueMember = "Product ID"
.DataSource = oTable
End With
Catch oExcept As Exception
MessageBox.Show(oExcept.Message)
End Try

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom