Displaying Signal type

S

steelej

Is there any way on the panasonic Pw4/5 to show what type of signal the display is getting. I know you can do it on the pioneers..

John

Hi John,

On my Panny D4, you can just press the Button (Square box with a + sign in it) under the RED stand-by button on the remote control. This tells you what the current Input signal is been displayed. Eg. RGB or PC or AV etc..

I hope this is what you mean.

Regards,

Bluebear.:D

Hi Bluebear,

Thanks for the reply, but what I was meaning was the signal type. i.e 480i, 480p etc etc I know the Pioneers do this but just wondering if the panny's do too. The real reason is just to check my DVD player is definately outputting everything pro scan.

John.

steelej,

The only thing I have seen on "RGB" input only is that you can display the scan Frequency by pressing the "setup" button then selecting "Signal" from the menu.

I have only got RGB inputs connected to my D4.

I want to get a 480p DVD myself, then I will have to rethink my connections. ie. Get a Dr. Sims Box.

I watched "Monsters Inc" on my 750s DVD last night, it was amazing!
I felt like I needed to put on sun glasses, and thats with the constrast turned down, so I love to see a 480p signal...

I assume you have looked in the "Signal" menu, I thought it may help other people by adding it to your thead.

Best Regards,
Bluebear.

:D

You can see this info in servcie menu but I'm can't tell you how to enter it. Alternatively an easier way may be this.

Pull out the Y lead and plug it in to the composite input. If it's not progressive all will be be grey if it is then you'll get nothing or probably a split screen of two grey images.

Gordon

Gordon, when you say that you can't say how to enter the service menu, is this some sort of dealer contractual thing, or are you just wary of giving people enough information to mess up their screens (I've seen posts on here by people who switched off their remotes!)? It only takes a few minutes with google to find the service manual on the web. I have downloaded it for completeness, but am too scared to play ;-)

Thanks Gordon and Bluebear, but a question if I already knew how to get into the service menu is the info hard to find? Could you point me in the right direction?

John.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom