Displaying a 1600X1200 PC image on a Plasma screen

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Jeepster, Sep 29, 2004.

1. Jeepster

Jeepster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I need to produce a 1600x1200 pc image on a plasma screen within a company foyer. (I am currently lookingat the 61inch plasma monitor)
    Could you answer the following question

With the pc resoulution being so high, would I have to buy an add on box to lower the resolution or would the plasma internal elctronics cope with this .
    Due to the plasma being on display to visitors it must be of a high quality.

Thanx in advance

2. Branxx

Branxx
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    would the company logo image automatically resize to fit the available resolution. You probably don't need to do anything.

3. codlord

codlord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Most plasmas will handle a variety of resolutions without any trouble (they will simply handle the change down to the native screen res) but you will obviously want to ensure you get a plasma that can handle that res.

In the case of my Panny 4 series (native res of 852x480 I think) it handles other resolutions quite well but the higher you go from native res the worse the image will look, but i have only tried 800x600, 1024x768 on mine (both look fine and are very usable - even small text).

Depends what the display is going to show - pictures/logos and large text will be fine, the problems start to manifest when you get small text or detailed stuff on screen.

How come it has to be 1600x1200? - can't the res be changed to suit the screen better?