1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Display Units?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by weyland-yutani, Jun 8, 2004.

1. weyland-yutani

weyland-yutani

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    do manufacturers ever send out units that are specificaly set up for display purposes? i mean single units, like a lead unit sent first. delivered to a store to attract more orders, that kind of thing.

2. cerebros

cerebros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I think all TV's are generally shipped with the factory defaults set to make the set look best under the normal Currys type of showroom conditions. Which means they normally look crap becuase of the quality of source material being fed to the sets

3. Lizzard

Lizzard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Toshiba sends all rear projection TVs with contrast setting at 100, brightness at 50 and color at 50.

After a few days you burn the tubes with a contrast setting at 100, it's crazy why they are shipping the units that way, most people aren't technically interested or not having the knowledge makes them think the picture is bright and nice, just like the showroom.

4. weyland-yutani

weyland-yutani

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    sorry, i should have been clearer. i mean service level set up, not user level.