Question Display Resolution Help - LG OLED65CXPUA TV

Hello, new to the forums and not really sure if this is the correct place to ask the question but here goes: I have an LG OLED65CXPUA TV plugged in to my Yamaha RX-V683BL receiver (both devices less than 6 months old). My Xfinity X1 DVR is also plugged in to the same receiver. All devices are connected with high speed HDMI 2.0 18Gbps cables. The problem is this: every single time I power on my equipment (which I do with the Xfinity remote, though I have tried using the devices' individual remotes and varying the order in which I power them on) I have to change the output resolution on the Xfinity DVR from 1080p to 2160p 4K UHD, which is listed as "Best Available" even though there is a setting in the DVR that says something along the lines of "Prefer best available resolution" and that setting is turned on. Once I switch the output resolution on the DVR to 4K it will stay that way until I power everything off. I don't know if it's a problem with the DVR (which was brand new in the box when Comcast sent it roughly a year ago) or if there's something I'm missing in either my TV setup or my receiver setup, but doing this is extremely annoying. Thanks in advance!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom