1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Display Problems

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by BritanniaJaf, Aug 30, 2005.

1. BritanniaJaf

BritanniaJaf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +140
    Can anybody help me with my Sanyo PLV Z2, Got a new bulb in it recently and since then i cannot the screen positioned straight, is sitting on a flat shelf, but i cannot get the screen to stay straight, if i move it to the right/left the opposite side goes uneven,is there a setting i can do it get it back to normal

Please help as is driving me mad

Cheers

2. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,097
    Can you describe the uneveness, as it sounds like it could be either keystone or the pj is not central to the screen.

Gary.

3. BritanniaJaf

BritanniaJaf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +140
    Have got the machine dead centre in the room, basically the left hand side,bottom of screen and right hand side are straight but the top of the screen is slanting, if i try moving it etc, the right line can starts to slant

4. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,097
    If the top line is slanting off and up to the right, then the pj is a little off to the left of center of the screen, and you've twisted the pj to the right to fit the image on the screen. It doesn't take much to get that effect either.

What you have is the left side of the pj lens is fractionaly closer to the screen than the right hand side, so the r/h side is larger. Because of the off set of the lens (it projects up at an angle when table mounted), the bottom line always stays straighter than the top line.

You will get exactly the reverse effect if you ceiling mounted it - the bottom will slant off to one side if the pj isn't central to the screen, and you rotate it to fit.

Gary.