1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Display problems?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by Miyazaki, Feb 17, 2005.

1. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    Whenever I play on my xbox or gc on my 28" widescreen panny tv, the picture only appears about 90% of it, leaving nothing on a strip on the rhs.

It doesn't happen with dvds or tv, just on my game systems. :confused:

Anyone have any ideas?

2. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +223
    This is a common problem with consols. It does not affect every single one but I have the problem on some games with my ps2. Some games will allow a screen adjustment option in the set up menu of the game, but unfrotunaly not all of them do.
    I am affaird I dont really know what actually causes it, but I think a slight shift in the picture can occur sometimes when the tv trys to lock on to a certain signal. The big 36" sonys and thoshibas have options in the televisons set up to correct rgb postion and shift, so it would seem that consoll and tv makers are aware of the problem, they just dont quite know how to solve it.

3. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,122
    Yeah I get this problem on my 29" Sony and there's no RGB centering on it. My 32" WS Sony downstairs has centering on it though which sorts it out.

4. RL123

RL123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Sounds like RGB as has already been said. It shouldn't happen with the Xbox though :confused: The Xbox has perfect RGB geometry

For the GC you can adjust it in the menu system. Turn it on without a game in, and look in the options for display settings. There'll be an option for display shift (or something like that) and adjust it to +11, and it should be fine then