Display Problems with LG 32LC3R?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by TracyJ, Apr 26, 2007.

Tags:
  1. TracyJ

TracyJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

My first post, so please be gentle with me! I hope this is the right place for this, but would like some advice on a problem we have with our new LG 32" LCD.

We bought an LG 32LC3R just under a month ago, and in the last couple of weeks it seems to have developed a problem. Basically, sometimes when we switch on from standby there is sound but no picture. Occasionally, the picture flashes up for a second, but then the screen goes blank.

As you can imagine, this is really annoying - particularly as there seems to be no way of telling how long it will stay like this. (Have to try switching off then on from the remote repeatedly, or from the set, from the plug, even unplugging the lead at the back then leaving for a bit and trying again later - a bit hit and miss as to which will solve the problem).

This is the first tv we have had that doesn't really switch off (always on standby, and no way of turning 'off' apart from at the plug, which we don't do). I know this is usual for tv's now, so surely this can't be the problem?

We run Sky+ all the time, so the vast majority of our viewing is through that or the DVD player.

Has anyone ever encountered this problem themselves?

Can anyone help me, please?!

Thanks,

---

Tracy.