Question Display Problems with Apple Mac Mini

SeanF700

Novice Member
Hello everyone,

The problems with my screen began after upgrading Mojave on my Apple Mac Mini to the Catalina OS.

What happens seemingly randomly is, since the upgrade, the screen goes black but the moveable cursor remains visible on screen.

The computer is connected via HDMI to a Samsung TV.

Has anyone else come across this problem and if so what steps did you take to resolve it?

Regards

Sean

CamFire

Distinguished Member
If your MacMini model is too "old", then perhaps Mojave is not supported. Check the requirements.

SeanF700

Novice Member
Hi Camfire,

It‘s more than likely not the age of the Mac Mini as it’s only the 2018 iteration of the computer and I believe that the 2020 version is the latest release.

It came with Mojave on it also so it should have coped ok with the upgrade to Catalina by my understanding.

Can you advise any further?

Regards

Sean

CamFire

Distinguished Member
Ah, the dark grey 2018 model must be ok - the 2020 model is the same, just with larger SSD storage. Are you using the HDMI port? Or USB-C adaptor?

I don't connect via HDMI - sorry. This is what I spotted with a quick search: Catalina causing issues with HDMI

SeanF700

Novice Member
My go to connection has always been HDMI - HDMI.

Thanks for the link although the query posed by the poster doesn’t go into detail about what the display problem actually is although I’m assuming that you added it knowing it was referring to the same issue?

It’s a very frustrating issue that I’d like to iron out as I don’t like the idea of shutting down using the power button all the time.

Out of interest what computer and OS are you currently using?

Regards

Sean

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom