Display on Samsung HW-Q70T Soundbar

SANAFABICH

Standard Member
Reaction score
I get that the display on this soundbar shows what source is selected (HDMI, TV ARC, etc.) and also when the signal is either Dolby Atmos or DTS X.

But what about other signals? It seems like a waste not to display info when it's getting regular Dolby Digital, DD+, DTS, etc. I have a 15 y/o LG AiO Home theather that shows on the display what kind of signal it's receiving: Dolby Digital 2.0, 5.1, PCM, DTS, and so on. I'm sure this soundbar is more than capable of doing this, so why not update it with a firmware to enable this feature? Unless I'm missing something and there's an option to enable this feature.

Seems like it would be be something very simple for Samsung to do.

Does anybody know if they added this feature in recent updates? I bought my soundbar 10 months ago, but haven't updated the firmware since I read it made the subwoofer volume extremely low.

Bump?

Hello,

as far as I know, this is not possible. It is not possible to activate this function and they did not add it via firmware updates. Sadly, it is also not possible with their top models (hw q950a). I`m sure it technically is totally possible, but so far we are unlucky. I also doubt that they will add this feature with future updates.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom