Display issue

Agracing247

Novice Member
Hello all,

I'm having trouble getting a display out of my graphics card with hdmi. I recently took it apart for travel & after putting it together all lights&all fans work (even the graphics cards) but no display. Any ideas? I have a tuf gaming z390 plus wifi, asus geforce dual gtx1650 04G. All I took out was my graphics card and liquid cooler. How can I test to verify that the graphics is the problem?

Attachments

• 20210911_144823.jpg
    20210911_144823.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 39
  • 20210911_141106.jpg
    20210911_141106.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 38

ArmitageShanks

I'm assuming you have the monitor plugged into an HDMI port on the graphics card itself, and not the motherboard? (a friend of mine made this very mistake after I helped him build his PC)

Agracing247

Novice Member
Do you have onboard graphics - what CPU is in that ? IF so you can test using that.
No my graphics card is out in the picture. Its a i5. How do I test the graphics card, cpu, and motherboard. my 2nd thought is that I put on the cpu cooler on too tight.

what I mean is does the CPU have onboard graphic as well ? I used to have a i5 8400 and a 5700XT GPU and had an issue where the 5700XT would not register with windows and my system would switch to using the intel graphic chip inside my i5 8400 CPU. this would output via the hdmi socket on my motherboard, so my screen would not work unless I moved the hdmi cable out of the 5700xt and into the motherboard.

So if you have a Graphic capability in your CPU as some do (most dont) you could remove the graphic card form the system and test the system is OK using that by connecting the HDMI to the motherboard , this could help prove the graphic card is the issue or something else is.

Hence - what CPU model do you have ? As it would tell me if this test is possible or not.

Agracing247

Novice Member
I'm assuming you have the monitor plugged into an HDMI port on the graphics card itself, and not the motherboard? (a friend of mine made this very mistake after I helped him build his PC)
Yea I tried both. Didn't work
what I mean is does the CPU have onboard graphic as well ? I used to have a i5 8400 and a 5700XT GPU and had an issue where the 5700XT would not register with windows and my system would switch to using the intel graphic chip inside my i5 8400 CPU. this would output via the hdmi socket on my motherboard, so my screen would not work unless I moved the hdmi cable out of the 5700xt and into the motherboard.

So if you have a Graphic capability in your CPU as some do (most dont) you could remove the graphic card form the system and test the system is OK using that by connecting the HDMI to the motherboard , this could help prove the graphic card is the issue or something else is.

Hence - what CPU model do you have ? As it would tell me if this test is possible or not.
I'm not sure what model cpu, but I'll take out the graphics card and boot with hdmi connected to motherboard.

Agracing247

Novice Member
Yea I tried both. Didn't work

I'm not sure what model cpu, but I'll take out the graphics card and boot with hdmi connected to motherboard.

The display works without the graphics card. Im going to try another slot with the gcard

Agracing247

Novice Member
The display works without the graphics card. Im going to try another slot with the gcard
I think I've isolated the problem to the graphics card. The display works with just the motherboard hdmi and using other graphics card slot doesn't fix the issue.
Do you know of any options to repair the graphics card?

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom