1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Display inconsistencies

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by invisibleman, Jan 12, 2005.

1. invisibleman

invisibleman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am experiencing some inconsistencies with my display that I'm not 100% sure I understand, although I have a theory.

I'm using the Panny AE700U with a 106 inch 16*9 screen. I have high def cable setup via component, with the LG upscaling DVD player connected via HDMI.

When viewing HDTV content, the image nicely fits my screen. However, when I view DVD's, I experience a problem. For example, trying to play Return of the King widescreen DVD causes the image to be skewed on the right side. Meaning, the image does not fill the entire screen. It's almost as if someone has moved the projector. I believe this may be due to the way the DVD was filmed, ie not in true 16*9 format? However, oddly enough, the same image problem appears in the LG menu. I checked the settings and my DVD player is set to 16*9 aspect ratio and widescreen mode.

Anyone have any thoughts on what may be wrong? I can potentially understand the viewing issue with the DVD, but cannot comprehend the menu screen issue.