display calibration.co.uk in the midlands has any 1 used them or reviews on them??

Smurfin

Distinguished Member
What do you mean by calibrating the AVR? Soundwise? If so that's not usually included, but best to ask Julian directly :)

plasma3d

Smurfin said:
What do you mean by calibrating the AVR? Soundwise? If so that's not usually included, but best to ask Julian directly :)

Thanks Smurfin, not really to fussed about the audio aspect was more interested to know I've got all the settings for my AVR correct but yeah will ask Julian to advise me on that, building up a small list of questions to ask him already lol

Things like, are there extra modes (night and day) to be made available in the settings menu for calibration as to leave me with movie, standard, and relax picture modes to play with at my leisure?

Do I need to have my room completely blacked out in order to get an accurate calibration for night mode?

Is he able to calibrate for 3D?

How many hours to run the set for from new for best results and what are his future re-calibration rates lol

Charlts

Julian has calibrated my D8000 today, as well as leaving me with an amazing picture, he explained every adjustment which was worth the fee for the education alone - I found the whole processing fascinating. Julian has left me with calibrated day, night and 3d picture modes. The most important thing for me is he's even moreover a perfectionist than I am.

Once I've done more than play Battlefield I'll pass on Wifeys thoughts as the real acid test is if other people are as blown away as I am it's money we'll spent.

Thanks Julian

pantages

Julian calibrated my Panasonic TX-P55VT30B two weeks ago and the improvement to the picture is remarkable. I have no hesitation in recommending Dr Julian Scott to anyone living in the Midlands area. Julian is based in Leicester and I live between Boston and Skegness which gives an idea of his coverage. :smashin:

pantages

Sounds like Julian's getting a good reputation :thumbsup:

THX Calibration is worth every penny imho :)

It's a deserved reputation. I endorse all similar comments on this forum. :)

mtunreal69

Novice Member
Julian has just left my panel for the second time after several issues. First and foremost I want to say is that he is a rare gem. Never have I received such excellent service from any company, certainly the best interaction I have ever encountered. I'll explain the issues that I've had, which example the true excellence of Julian's service.

Having arranged a date and time, Julian arrived with a host of equipment to begin the calibration. He went through the motions of the calibration set-up and explained in detail every aspect as we progressed. An issue was stumbled across with the panel (highlighted in another thread), whereby the colours were registering wildly inaccurate. No matter the process changes, meters used, software version and restarts resolved the problem. In the hope of shedding some light on the issue he spoke to every known calibrator under the sun to try figure out the peculiar issue. He even spoke to Panasonic directly on my behalf to explain the problem to try arrange a warranty claim as it indicated that the panel was faulty (despite the visual to eye's looking decent). Unfortunately Julian had to leave with a irritating result.

Not satisfied with the result Julian delved deeper into the issue, speaking with other THX notables. During the next few days Julian was in constant communication to keep me updated, always reassuringly stating no matter what we will get this sorted. Through his investigation it was suggested that their may be a possible miss communication between the signal generator and the panel. To rectify the issue he sourced a new generator and committed to a full re-installed of the operating system to control it.

We arranged another visit (today) and Julian returned determined to calibrate the panel to the best of abilities. His conclusions of the investigation appeared to be correct, as the panel was now playing ball. Several hours later and the results were amazing, an exceptional looking display.

I am overwhelmed by the dedication to his craft, a true perfectionist. It is very rare you find someone who is willing to go out of their way to help a customer. I only wish all services were this exceptional.

In short, Dr. Scott is an remarkable person and brilliant calibrator, I recommend his services whole heartedly.

phil5366

Banned
Just before Christmas I had my Epson EH TW 4400 Calibrated by Julian, I will be honest and used to think what is all this calibration malarky about. It will OK out of the box with a bit of tweeking from myself. Lol..

For over five years I have put up with my own settings mainly used from other peoples setups. In December 2011 I contacted Canary Jules as he is known on the forums to book in my new Epson EH TW 4400 for calibration. We agreed on price and the following week Dr Julian was in my house Calibrating my new pride and Joy.
One thing I never would of guessed is how long the calibration takes to get perfection. All through this proccess Julian talks you through the various methods, etc, which I found very interesting. Daytime turned into nighttime before Julian was happy and finished, I may also add that the calibration of the Epson involved some of the owners of AV forums, this being due to a little problem with the greyscale. (I think)

Once finished Julian then went through the proccess of showing me different Blurays, I was absolutely stunned at the scene's from Darknight and various other films. The detail, colour, picture is better than both Plasma TV's I have. I am over the moon with the Calibrated results of my new projector.

To honest, I feel so stupid for not having my previous projectors calibrated. You spend thousands on your kit and just put up with the out of box pictures, not anymore for me, especially after seeing the results of a pro calibration. The best value for money I have seen for a long time. This guy is obviously very good at his job, he is also a very interesting to talk to.

I would reccommend Julian to anyone who needs a THX Calibration.

Last edited:

jonseyi

Standard Member
Just a quick one to add that Jules came and calibrated my Samsung 46d8000 today and I can honestly say the service is second to none, he will not leave the set until he is satisfied it is correct. He left mine looking so lifelike and natural,cannot recommend him enough:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cheers
Ian

Atarioldskool

im glad i kind of made this thread :thumbsup:

im still very happy with my tv

and yes jules (dr julian scott) absolutley great guy, and yes dark knight :laugh: that his fav movie to demo 1 pirticular scene

good too see that he is getting so many raving reports!

just hope he dosent increase his price's becuase of the raving reports hes getting :D

AVHARRY

Standard Member
Last weekend, Julian calibrated my Sony VW95es projector.
Although I initially thought it looked good out of the box, I wanted to ensure I was getting the best possible picture that the projector could output in my own room.

Jules calibrated 3 modes ... low bulb, high bulb and 3D, a process which took around 8 hours. During this period, Jules explained the various processes he undertook and why which I found very interesting.

Once finished, Julian then went through the proccess of showing various scenes from blu-rays and I was very pleased with the obvious improvement to detail and colour. After spending the last week viewing, I am very pleased with the calibtrated results of my new projector.

Having spent a considerable amount of money on my home cinema set up, I certainly think the service of a professional calibration is money well spent.

I would thoroughly reccommend Jules to anyone who needs a THX Calibration.

Thanks Jules.

john the red

Standard Member
Julian calibrated my 46c samsung 9000 series led tv on the 19th of feb i to would recommend him to anyone who isnt happy with there un calibrated display.It took him 2 hrs to get to my house 8hrs to calibrate my tv then 2hrs to get home. The service he provided was superb the calibrated picture he left me with is brilliant.He explained everything he was doing in great detail and he wouldnt leave until he was totally happy with the results of his calibration, money well spent

TheLoftGuy

I am not going to go into too much detail here as I have just written it up in full on my Loft Cinema Thread.

The last 6 months has seen me convert an unused loft into a home cinema on an impulse decision.

The final touch was to get an expert and having read all the great reviews on THIS thread, I knew I didn't need to call anyone else.

DSC01455.jpg

Having been at my house yesterday for just over 12 hours, he has left me with a picture that I can't quite believe I have in my own house.

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x472/loftcinema/DSC01451.jpg

I don't know what he was doing, but it really worked

As for the cost, it was a bargain. You'd be crazy not to if you want the most out of it.

DSC01458.jpg

Jules, you are a star! Thank you.

Please read my full review here

Alternatively, if you fancy reading how to turn a loft into something a little better than a place to store a Morphy Richards cardboard box then please have a read here.

Last edited:

bighairybloke

Jules came do calibrate my Epson 9000 today, took him all day doing the 3 modes I use, Eco, high power and 3D. It has made a huge difference to the picture quality and accuracy! Also sorted out the issues I was having with the 3D
picture, I am a very happy man and will certainly be using him again.

Steve

darron027

Had Julian over a couple of days ago to work his magic on my JVC X9. Absolutely recommend his services.
His attention to detail is staggering and he didnt stop until he was 100% happy with my PJs calibration. He was working away for about 9hours!
Moreover you couldnt ask for a nicer guy to carry out the calibration.

I had a previous system calibrated by a different isf chap about 5 years ago (plasma and pj) and although did see some 'improvements/differences' I actually wasnt overly impressed with the results considering the cost...etc.
That guy wasnt here very long at all and when I checked what had actually been done/changed in the PJ it wasnt a lot at all....
Julian on the other hand was astonishing and has left me with a fantastic picture, detailed report of all the changes and settings, a nice THX plaque etc.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED AND WILL DEFINITELY BE USING HIS SERVICES AGAIN.

pantages

I endorse every word you say about Julian. He is an unique person and I too, have no hesitation in recommending him! :thumbsup:

Had Julian over a couple of days ago to work his magic on my JVC X9. Absolutely recommend his services.
His attention to detail is staggering and he didnt stop until he was 100% happy with my PJs calibration. He was working away for about 9hours!
Moreover you couldnt ask for a nicer guy to carry out the calibration.

I had a previous system calibrated by a different isf chap about 5 years ago (plasma and pj) and although did see some 'improvements/differences' I actually wasnt overly impressed with the results considering the cost...etc.
That guy wasnt here very long at all and when I checked what had actually been done/changed in the PJ it wasnt a lot at all....
Julian on the other hand was astonishing and has left me with a fantastic picture, detailed report of all the changes and settings, a nice THX plaque etc.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED AND WILL DEFINITELY BE USING HIS SERVICES AGAIN.

bonsai

Well,jules has contacted me via pm and i can't wait to meet him in the new year.
I'm sure i'll be posting back with a big smile on my face:)

Buckster666

Booking Julian in for next week to calibrate my Panasonic TX-P50GT60B, can't wait.

Buckster666

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on Netflix UK for May 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung rumoured to be buying OLED TV panels from LG Display
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Netflix signs with Sony for first streaming rights in U.S.
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Audio Pro launches C10 MkII speaker
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
THX launches Onyx MQA supporting DAC/Amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom