Disney's Peter Pan and Wendy (TBC) Live-Action directed by David Lowery

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
RUMOUR Disney is eyeing Margot Robbie as Tinker Bell

EPjERBwX0AYZign

It was an OK watch, and certainly looked the part with some nice cinematography. Jude Law has plenty of fun as Hook, and the croc is impressive - almost like a Jurassic Park evictee! It all felt a little slight though, with an uneven tone, and mabe a touch dark in places for younger family members. The second and third act went around in circles...I way preferred Joe Wright's Pan from 2015.

6/10

Lightweight, harmless and wholesome. Jude Law having fun as Hook, despite being a bit of a softy. The girl playing Wendy was good (going to be a stunner too when she’s older) and Tinkerbell was fine. Peter himself was pretty weak though and his character was written to be useless. Fight choreography was pitiful but I suppose it doesn’t matter for kiddie theatre. Was passable though. Wouldn’t watch again. 5.5/10

Agree with above, it was watchable, did seem to drag on a bit. The croc scene was my favourite. They keep remaking the same story but kinda pointless to watch if you’ve seen any of the previous. Think young kids would enjoy it more than adults.
Yep once is enough, coming from David Lowery it’s a huge disappointment.
6/10

Lightweight, harmless and wholesome. Jude Law having fun as Hook, despite being a bit of a softy. The girl playing Wendy was good (going to be a stunner too when she’s older) and Tinkerbell was fine. Peter himself was pretty weak though and his character was written to be useless. Fight choreography was pitiful but I suppose it doesn’t matter for kiddie theatre. Was passable though. Wouldn’t watch again. 5.5/10
Yes, a weak title character is a big problem. He barely registered.

I've really enjoyed some of the Disney live action remakes (Cinderella, both Maleficent films & the 2016 Jungle Book) but found some of the others (step forward Christopher Robin) to be awful.

The comments on here make this sound ok so I might try it out. I didn't really like the original 1950s effort but I enjoyed the 2003 Peter Pan. But of course I've got a watchlist as long as your arm so there are probably plenty of other films more deserving of my time.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom