Disney's Live-Action Pinocchio (2021 Disney+) directed by Robert Zemeckis

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Jane Goldman (Stardust, Kick-Ass and X-Men: First Class, The Woman in Black) is in talks to script Pinocchio for Warner Bros. Bryan Fuller wrote the initial draft.

Tim Burton possible to direct, and with Robert Downey Jr. attached as Geppetto. Though no deals are currently in place.
Downey would play Geppetto, the woodcarver who creates the puppet who dreams of becoming a real boy and whose nose grows when he tells a lie. When Pinocchio goes missing, Geppetto embarks on a quest to reunite with his marionette.

Last edited:
Hold on, don't tell me, Johnny Depp plays the fox and Helena Bonham-Carter the Blue Fairy

As much as i like the cartoon version, my 4 year old enjoys watching it on a semi regular basis, due to the style/nature of the story this could really work with Tim Burton's unique style :)

As much as i like the cartoon version, my 4 year old enjoys watching it on a semi regular basis, due to the style/nature of the story this could really work with Tim Burton's unique style :)

That's what i thought when he made Alice in Wonderland. :(

Not that this could be done again as a good live action film. There was a fantastic Italian TV mini-series I saw in the 70s with Gina Lollobrigida as the Blue Fairy which was very dark and very close to the spirit of the books. It's still the one to beat for me.

I wish Tim would just stop making movies. All of his movies look the same and allot of them have his wife and Johnny Depp in them. :boring:

I wish Tim would just stop making movies. All of his movies look the same and allot of them have his wife and Johnny Depp in them. :boring:

Good thing he will not listen to forum advice :D

Stop making movies? really, Tim is a talented director, with Batman, Batman Returns, Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands, Mars Attacks, Corpse Bride, etc.

Sure he is allowed a few misfires

Good thing he will not listen to forum advice :D

Stop making movies? really, Tim is a talented director, with Batman, Batman Returns, Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands, Mars Attacks, Corpse Bride, etc.

Sure he is allowed a few misfires

I really don't like his style at all. His older stuff was good but all his later films just look the same, he is just way to predictable. Give other directors a chance.

I have to agree with Razor. I used to be a fan of Burtons but most films of his lately have been fairly dull. Not bad, just nothing exciting.

I love Tim Burton and Pinocchio is my favourite so when tickets come out, I shall definitely be buying! Can't wait, I hope it happens!

Starring Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham Carter with music by Danny Elfman...BOOOORINGGGGGG!!!!

Ben Stiller (Tropic Thunder, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty) in talks with Warner Bros. to direct Robert Downey Jr as Geppetto in Pinocchio

Interestingly Paul Thomas Anderson (There Will Be Blood, Inherent Vice) is writing the screenplay for Warner Bros., there is a possibility he could direct the movie as well.

Pinocchio film is dead it seems says del Toro, at least we'll get to see The Shape of Water :)
It’s not happening. But the idea was to do Pinocchio during the ascension of fascism in Italy, with Mussolini. It was a good time to discuss the idea of being a puppet or being a human, but you know, it’s not in progress.
’m 53, I want to not know what I’m doing next, it’s like a privilege. That’s why I’m taking the year off, as a director to really think about what I’m doing next. All of those projects, some of them happen and some of them don’t. The natural state of a movie is not to happen. That’s the reality.

del Toro says its not kid friendly

now Robert Zemeckis is in talks to direct

Last edited:
The new live-action retelling of Pinocchio, starring Tom Hanks and directed by Robert Zemeckis coming to Disney+

Doesn't look very live action does it?

Concept Art promo?

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom