Disney's "DINOSAUR" Reg 1 2 disc set question. Please help.

MJeeves

Does anyone know how we can tell the difference between the old defective Dinosaur discs and the new non-defective ones? Is there anything on the packaging? I'm referring to the Special 2 disc special edition set. Please help if you can. Thanks.

MJeeves

All sorts of weird things like unplayability, subtitles coming on, no direct access to scenes, stopping at layer change, unable to pause or stop the disc, all sorts of weird stuff.

S

Squirrel God

Sometimes they put small stickers somewhere on the packaging to say "Version 2.0" (like they did with "Heathers"). Keep an eye out for that. Otherwise, I presume the disk id numbers will be different.

If you don't mind me asking, I've always thought about buying "Dinosaur". Is it a good movie or a really really good movie? :)

MJeeves

I liked it and from I've heard the DVD picture is stunning (if you can get the thing to work, that is!)

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
My version of the R1 two disc version plays fine on my Pioneer player with pause and scene access. (btw i have it to trade at the relevent forum)

kevb

Originally posted by Squirrel God
If you don't mind me asking, I've always thought about buying "Dinosaur". Is it a good movie or a really really good movie? :)
It's quite good but I found it was missing a certain spark to make it really great. Picture is excellent.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom