Disney's Cinderella

D

dudimonster

Hi

Does anyone know where i can get hold of Cinderella, had a quick look can't seem to find it ??

Cheers

Not available on DVD. Is being released later this year.

4th October - R1 two-disc special edition and collector’s set. R2 release around the same time I imagine, but probably no collector's set option.

I think this is the only Disney "classic" that I haven't seen.

CrazyHorse said:
I think this is the only Disney "classic" that I haven't seen.
It's not all that great. There are just five "true" Disney classics, IMO: Snow White, Pinocchio, Dumbo, Fantasia and Bambi. Cinderella was one of the first of the next batch - markedly poorer animation and much less fun all round.

NicolasB said:
It's not all that great. There are just five "true" Disney classics, IMO: Snow White, Pinocchio, Dumbo, Fantasia and Bambi. Cinderella was one of the first of the next batch - markedly poorer animation and much less fun all round.

Have you forgotten about The Jungle Book :eek:

Adrenochrome.

The Jungle Book is tremendous fun but it's a very different movie from the early classics in almost every way. If you wanted to make a list of the best feature-length Disney animations then The Jungle Book would certainly be on it. So would The Lion King, and probably also Robin Hood and Beauty And The Beast. But I don't think of them as "classics" in quite the same way as the films that were being made back in the 1940s.

In addition, I am always at least slightly annoyed by Disney films that are based on books or stories that I know well before I see the film. I can't stand Alice In Wonderland for that reason, and I've always disliked the Disneyfication of Winnie The Pooh. While The Jungle Book is, as I said, great fun, if you're at all fond of Kipling's original stories it does sometimes seem like a cheap knock-off.

I was wondering whether to get Alice in Wonderland to add to my collection. Still quite pricey at the moment, for anyone who's seen it is it any good? Very little info about on this one.

You would probably enjoy it if you aren't particularly fond of, or, indeed, haven't read, the original book (or original books I should say, as there are bits in the film that are taken from Through The Looking Glass as well as Alice In Wonderland).

Don’t read too many books, so would probably suit me fine! :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom