Quantcast

Disney+ streaming box that supports Atmos/ Vision?

DS3Player

Hi All,

I subscribed to Disney+ and had hoped the PS4 Pro would do HDR/ Vision/ Atmos but seems to do none of the above.

I am wondering which box does this the best?

I have been looking through the internet at different options and each one seems to have some faults,

I was thinking Chromecast Ultra but that seems to be somewhat problematic with DV,

So other options seem to be:

4k firestick (but doesn't do Now TV which I use)
4k fire cube (as above)
Apple 4k TV (had one of these for a while and didn't particularly like the experience/ Youtube always displays as DV)
Roku ? (not sure on this one)

Shield TV? (again don't know much about this).

Sadly my TV is a Panasonic therefore the apps on that are generally awful.

Any ideas?
Thanks

Russ_64

Apple TV 4K - if you set it to SDR and turn on both Match Frame-rate and Match Resolution based on source, then it will use HDR or DV if that is the source.

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Disney have restricted the quality at the moment, so before you buy anything make sure it isn't because of this that you aren't getting HDR, Dolby Atmos etc.

jwsg

If the film listing doesnt show DV/Atmos then that can be rectified - on the ATV 4K - by toggling the Atmos setting and killing the D+ app. But then its quite likely you still wont actually get Atmos as it looks like they've dropped to a lower bit-rate 5.1 stream for many people.

XeNoNF50

It you want Atmos your only option is a US VPN I think. I've tried on native LG C7 OLED app and also ATV4K, works in both scenarios.

Top Bottom