Disney+ stopped streaming 4k or HDR Philips pus9005

Once they get feedback from official testers and Philips/disney+ are happy all issues are sorted,and hopefully not before.
Obviously Philips/Disney+ had a failure to communicate!Major restructure of Disney+ widely advertised but they could not make Philips aware.Like i said no software update till the fat lady sings.No cigar today!

So Philips tv not working... And now even the fire tablet has stopped working

So Disney+ had it‘s „huge“ addition of Star today. Did anybody notice a big update that the D+ support announced to some people that asked about the situation? Because I didn‘t. Still HD 5.1 and I think there was no update via Playstore. (I haven‘t upgraded to the test FW - maybe some people who did noticed any differences?)

So Disney+ had it‘s „huge“ addition of Star today. Did anybody notice a big update that the D+ support announced to some people that asked about the situation? Because I didn‘t. Still HD 5.1 and I think there was no update via Playstore. (I haven‘t upgraded to the test FW - maybe some people who did noticed any differences?)
And the funny thing is that on "star" you get yes new content, but many old content already present regular Disney+, just moved yesterday on "star". 🤡:clap:

I got to solve the problem. I am one of those who received and installed the update provided by Philips (Box), solving the 4k problem. The app stopped running two days ago, and Philips was unable to offer a solution for this. I just uninstalled the app, installed an app from Google Play called "Downloader". There, you have to enter the browser, search for Disney apk, enter uptodown (an official apps provider), download the latest Disney apk, and install. It will work and solve the problem until there is an official firmware update. Best regards!

I got to solve the problem. I am one of those who received and installed the update provided by Philips (Box), solving the 4k problem. The app stopped running two days ago, and Philips was unable to offer a solution for this. I just uninstalled the app, installed an app from Google Play called "Downloader". There, you have to enter the browser, search for Disney apk, enter uptodown (an official apps provider), download the latest Disney apk, and install. It will work and solve the problem until there is an official firmware update. Best regards!
I can confirm this works, thanks!

In this article is stated that a TPV official announced that they expect the issue to be solved in roughly four weeks. No specific reasons were told for the occurring issue with Disney+, but they are aware and prioritizing the issue.

I did this and I can open the app again. The problem is that when I use the app the brightness goes down and when I use the the others it goes back to normal.

I did this and I can open the app again. The problem is that when I use the app the brightness goes down and when I use the the others it goes back to normal.
That doesn't happen for me, picture is normal. UHD, Dolby Vision etc all work. Different model TV perhaps? I've got the 65OLED804/12.

I tried to install the Apple tv app on my 58PUS8535 but whenh I try to to log in it gives me an error :(

I tried to install the Apple tv app on my 58PUS8535 but whenh I try to to log in it gives me an error :(
Where did you get the app from? It‘s not in the Play Store for me and I‘m on a 8535 as well. I saw that the app is supposed to be integrated in Google TV and Chromecast with Google TV first and Android TV is following in a couple months.

Where did you get the app from? It‘s not in the Play Store for me and I‘m on a 8535 as well. I saw that the app is supposed to be integrated in Google TV and Chromecast with Google TV first and Android TV is following in a couple months.
You have the solution some posts before this one.

You have the solution some posts before this one.
But that was for the Disney+ app disappearing/not working properly with the test firmware.
He is talking about the Apple TV app though which is not supposed to be on Android TV (except of Sony, Samsung, LG and Vizio) yet as I said. But I guess your hinting that he got some kind of an .apk version from that downloader app.

But that was for the Disney+ app disappearing/not working properly with the test firmware.

He is talking about the Apple TV app though which is not supposed to be on Android TV (except of Sony, Samsung, LG and Vizio) yet as I said. But I guess your hinting that he got some kind of an .apk version from that downloader app.
Yes. I used the app Downloader and installed the apk:This

I can open Apple TV but when I try to log it it gives me an error :(

With my PUS8555 and a firestick TV 4k, when I change sound, i have some glitches, do you have the same? + the TV is not responsive att when changing sound

I’ve got the 50pus9005 from yesterday and i can’t get any of the workarounds working for disney+ as described on this thread. I have disabled the auto update setting in both google store and tv settings. I have downloaded and installed several older disney app versions as mentioned in this thread and everytime i start the app, i get a message saying that i need to update the app to the latest version. I have tried all the buttons on the remote but nothing seems to work to get past this message, i am pretty much forced to install the latest version which doesnt supports 4k/hdr. Very annoying since i have to pay for a service that doesn’t give me what i pay for on a brand new tv. Seems pretty much of a rip off to me from both philips and disney. Hope they’ll sort this out soon.

Attachments

• 742D12AF-0885-4E90-8212-A2BC9D453939.jpeg
    742D12AF-0885-4E90-8212-A2BC9D453939.jpeg
    147.1 KB · Views: 100
A quick warning about the latest Prime Video update that came on Feb 25th: Apparently it killed Dolby Surround Sound and you are only left with basic PCM 2.0 Stereo. Not clear yet if it‘s related to specific TV models - so if anyone with a HTS or AVR already did the latest update could test and report their situation that would be great.

I’ve got the 50pus9005 from yesterday and i can’t get any of the workarounds working for disney+ as described on this thread. I have disabled the auto update setting in both google store and tv settings. I have downloaded and installed several older disney app versions as mentioned in this thread and everytime i start the app, i get a message saying that i need to update the app to the latest version. I have tried all the buttons on the remote but nothing seems to work to get past this message, i am pretty much forced to install the latest version which doesnt supports 4k/hdr. Very annoying since i have to pay for a service that doesn’t give me what i pay for on a brand new tv. Seems pretty much of a rip off to me from both philips and disney. Hope they’ll sort this out soon.
Unfortunately those workarounds were disable 2 weeks ago. I was using an old app perfectly until eventually the message forcing you to upgrade came about 2 weeks ago.

A quick warning about the latest Prime Video update that came on Feb 25th: Apparently it killed Dolby Surround Sound and you are only left with basic PCM 2.0 Stereo. Not clear yet if it‘s related to specific TV models - so if anyone with a HTS or AVR already did the latest update could test and report their situation that would be great.
Can confirm only pcm 2.0 stereo on prime internal app.Dolby atmos ,dolby digital 5.1 working ok on firetv stick and using avr.

Can confirm only pcm 2.0 stereo on prime internal app.Dolby atmos ,dolby digital 5.1 working ok on firetv stick and using avr.
Wtf that's true, just tested with my avr.
Just one word: shame.
No way. They solve something they broke other.

Yeah I don‘t even know what they did with their „minor bugfixes“ as everything was working beside of Dolby Atmos, but I think 5.1 was working before the update of Feb 25th. So going back to the prior version should work, shouldn‘t it?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom