Disney+ stopped streaming 4k or HDR Philips pus9005

Yes
If you pay for the top netflix package its still worth getting 4k firestick.Gives best use of your avr and you get better image using firestick because of better processing power.Not to mention that dolby vision works,dolby atmos works,and hdr works.Most movies and shows on prime are hdr+.Disney+ gives you 4k,dolby vision and atmos.Also apps are updated regularly,not like Philips where you have to wait.
you conviced me

Well I tried everything and I don’t have any dolby atmos notifications showing up
Someone using netflix internal app and tv speaker could tell me if dolby atmos notifications shows up?
EDIT : I have a 58PUS8555
Just tested again and Netflix internal app shows the dolby vision and dolby atmos notifications while using the internal TV speakers as usual. I‘m on a 50PUS8535. Keep in mind that Atmos is only in the OV audio language available on Netflix.

Just tested again and Netflix internal app shows the dolby vision and dolby atmos notifications while using the internal TV speakers as usual. I‘m on a 50PUS8535. Keep in mind that Atmos is only in the OV audio language available on Netflix.
Ohhhh I was trying in french lol...

If you pay for the top netflix package its still worth getting 4k firestick.Gives best use of your avr and you get better image using firestick because of better processing power.Not to mention that dolby vision works,dolby atmos works,and hdr works.Most movies and shows on prime are hdr+.Disney+ gives you 4k,dolby vision and atmos.Also apps are updated regularly,not like Philips where you have to wait.
With Netflix on Firestick you will get 4K+Dolby Vision but you will not get Dolby Atmos. This has been the way on Firestick for some time. This is one of the reasons we don't have "One Stick To Rule Them All".

Ohhhh I was trying in french lol...
Haha... the easiest way to make sure you choose the right audio is going into the audio and subtitle settings of the selected title. The Atmos track is indicated; e.g. most commonly there should be something like: English, English 5.1 and English (Atmos).

Haha... the easiest way to make sure you choose the right audio is going into the audio and subtitle settings of the selected title. The Atmos track is indicated; e.g. most commonly there should be something like: English, English 5.1 and English (Atmos).
I will try tomorrow thank you

With Netflix on Firestick you will get 4K+Dolby Vision but you will not get Dolby Atmos. This has been the way on Firestick for some time. This is one of the reasons we don't have "One Stick To Rule Them All".
Thanks for that.Yes my bad!Apologies for that!I don't have top tier netflix so could not test it myself.Atmos works on prime and disney+ for sure though.
4K,Dolby vision and dd+ still not bad on netflix
though.

Thanks for that.Yes my bad!Apologies for that!I don't have top tier netflix so could not test it myself.Atmos works on prime and disney+ for sure though.
4K,Dolby vision and dd+ still not bad on netflix
though.
Apparently you can get dolby atmos from netflix if you use firetv cube v2.Can anyone confirm this is currently working on their set up?

Just when we thought it couldn’t get any worse - the last Disney+ update for Apple TV has also broken Atmos - So now I have a Philips TV and an Apple TV, both of which don’t do Atmos anymore!

Damnit! Disney+ app forced me to upgrade to the latest version this morning and now I've lost all 4k / UHD functionality again.
I was using the 'older app' fix with auto updates turned off but Disney told me app was out of date and upgrade is needed this morning.
Me with crossed fingers hoping they had fixed the problem in the 4 Months I've been using this workaround but sadly not!
Any ideas gurus? Anyone else experienced this?

IMG_20210221_123357.jpg

There is a software fix for this for certain Philips tv models.It is being tested by a few chosen users.It works for the most part but may still need some tweaking before an official software update is released.Someone has provided a link for the test file if you want to try it,but may be better to wait.Link is a few pages back on this forum.

My disney plus don't work... It says update when I try to update it don't update help please

same Disney + does not work anymore
I will receive my firestick 4K next friday(out of stock in France) and finally get rid of this shitty Android Tv

I was speaking to Disney support today they said there's a new app update being launched on Tuesday for their new Star thing so they said they are expecting a fix to be in that but not holding my breath.

same Disney + does not work anymore
I will receive my firestick 4K next friday(out of stock in France) and finally get rid of this sh*tty Android Tv
You won't regret it even to put an end to the stress and time wasted due to the runaround we are all getting from Philips/disney+!!!!!

Same here :
  • Can’t use Disney+ anymore : it forces me to update, but once in the Play store, it says my TV is no longer compatible
  • Philips Store still has Disney+ but the old version from mid-january that does not work anymore

I have downloaded the 1.13 version APK and manually installed it : the app does not show in the menu. I had to go in the advanced adnroid setting to broswe the list of system apps : found it there, when openning , nothing happens.

Basically I am totally blocked. I need to either wait or reverse the TV firmware with the official one...

I got this too... so after Philips sent me their firmware update, a few days later the Disney app will not start untill I update, and the play store says the app is not compatible with my device. I will make a new case with Philips, this is ridiculous!
Got a reply from customer service. They acknowledge the problem, they are very sorry and they ask for my patience...

I cannot use D+ anymore. It tells me there is an update and when I try to update it says my tv is not compatible...

It’s not going to be fixed anytime soon is it.
Doesn't look like it. The patent on Ambilight will expire soon. Expect other brands to start implementing similar systems. For my next tv I'll probably go for the cheapest store brand. It'll suck and have terrible customer support, but so does Philips at twice the price of a cheaper brand.

New reply from customer support, the official release of the new software is expected next week. Apparently the software they sent out was a test-version and they didn't expect Disney to put out an incompatible update before the final version was released. I told them this is not acceptable. They obviously don't even read the emails they receive, I keep having to correct the same person that I am "mr.", not "mrs."!

New reply from customer support, the official release of the new software is expected next week. Apparently the software they sent out was a test-version and they didn't expect Disney to put out an incompatible update before the final version was released. I told them this is not acceptable. They obviously don't even read the emails they receive, I keep having to correct the same person that I am "mr.", not "mrs."!
Star is coming out tomorrow and they didn't expect a D+ update? AY LMAO

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom