Disney+ stopped streaming 4k or HDR Philips pus9005

Disney+ are introducing Disney star or something later on this month and will be increasing charges.No 4k,no atmos and no hdr.I don't think I will be handing over any more money to that Mickey Mouse outfit.

Can anyone pass me the email address to register my complaint also please?

U
Disney+ are introducing Disney star or something later on this month and will be increasing charges.No 4k,no atmos and no hdr.I don't think I will be handing over any more money.
Latest response from Philips customer care.
Contacted Philips customer service again about the fact that they still haven't solved the problem that with my new 65Oled 854 I can't see 4K footage on the Disney + streaming service. This was their answer?

Thank you for your feedback.

Your frustration with this problem is understandable and we cannot blame you.
It's an annoying problem and it shouldn't be there.

However, it is also a difficult problem and it is something more than just a 'simple' software error. Our technicians are working hard to find a solution together with Disney. This problem has the highest priority and we are working hard on it.

Unfortunately, it takes a long time as it is more than just a software bug. That's why our engineers are working with Disney to fix this issue as soon as possible.

If we know more, we will of course inform you as soon as possible, but until then we can only ask for your patience.

Thank you for your understanding and apologies for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,
Max
Philips TV Customer Service

Had been working on mine five 3 with the Oct firmware, latest firmware seems to have killed it

No atmos dv or hdr through the Disney plus app on the TV, fine through my firestick 4k

Going to email them shortly about this, have you plugged in the firestick and tested it? when you do, click the picture settings on your philips remote and see if anything weird happens to the screen.
Yep, i see it now and again, stuttering even when firestick is just sat on home screen

Got a reply from Philips/TPVision customer service. They don't know when the issue will be fixed but the person who emailed me thinks it probably won't be very long anymore. He asks for patience. As for my request to send me a Firestick like other people got so I can at least watch Disney in 4K/Dolby Vision, he'll have to ask internally if something like that would be possible. So, again, nothing concrete and another request to just accept the situation and wait.

TPVision sent me an update file to install on my TV. However the TV is currently in use so I'll have to install it later. I'll post back after I do.

The update works, Disney+ is 4k/uhd/dolby vision again!

Very nice. I just checked for a firmware update, but it's not yet available OTA.

Can you check the Prime app for me? It now also shows the HDR icon, but certain title's do not start streaming in HDR/HDR10+ and never go above 1080p resolution... Seems like Amazon isn't completely fixed. I tried it on several movies including Lord Of The Rings, The Dark Knight Rises, and Alita: Battle Angel

Very nice. I just checked for a firmware update, but it's not yet available OTA.

Can you check the Prime app for me? It now also shows the HDR icon, but certain title's do not start streaming in HDR/HDR10+ and never go above 1080p resolution... Seems like Amazon isn't completely fixed. I tried it on several movies including Lord Of The Rings, The Dark Knight Rises, and Alita: Battle Angel
I did a quick check, alita should be hdr and fhd, but still plays as regular hd and no hdr. So still not fixed completely. To those who asked, I can't provide the software, Tpvision asked me not to and I don't know if I can provide it without them knowing it was me... but you can ask them through customer service.

I did a quick check, alita should be hdr and fhd, but still plays as regular hd and no hdr. So still not fixed completely. To those who asked, I can't provide the software, Tpvision asked me not to and I don't know if I can provide it without them knowing it was me... but you can ask them through customer service.

Thanks for checking!

You have been used to check if update for Disney+ works before doing a full update across the board.Pleased to hear it works!Rest of us will have to wait,but should be soon.Hope they sort issues with amazon prime at the same time.

Ok then, waiting!!! In the meanwhile yesterday I asked to the service (Italy) if they would have provided a fire tv as a solution, but no, it's not in their plan.

I checked on Alita on my app (Italy) it's UHD HDR but it's not for free, you can rent or buy.

Last edited:
I just got the update from TP Vision, it is not out globally buth I got 4K / Dolby Vision back in Disney+ and Prime!

Buth still no Dolby Atmos within these apps.... :-(, buth 4K / HDR is back and thats something!

The link to the file I got is:
https://app.box.com/s/ld1skuvn1mf7ljtpcxgkoyt24qb1819l

The version of the FW is: TPM191E-101.001.244.001.

I just got the update from TP Vision, it is not out globally buth I got 4K / Dolby Vision back in Disney+ and Prime!

Buth still no Dolby Atmos within these apps.... :-(, buth 4K / HDR is back and thats something!

The link to the file I got is:
https://app.box.com/s/ld1skuvn1mf7ljtpcxgkoyt24qb1819l

The version of the FW is: TPM191E-101.001.244.001.
Thanks! I am downloading the file. How do I install this update?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom