Disney+ stopped streaming 4k or HDR Philips pus9005

Received today a firmware update for my 55PUS7304/12. Updated, but no change. Disney+ still HD 5.1 and prime as described for all of us in the last couple of weeks. So much time waiting for an update from Philips and everything is still the same. I´m convinced is something related to the apps. It seems Prime is working on it, but Disney is not solving anything. Frustrating

Received today a firmware update for my 55PUS7304/12. Updated, but no change. Disney+ still HD 5.1 and prime as described for all of us in the last couple of weeks. So much time waiting for an update from Philips and everything is still the same. I´m convinced is something related to the apps. It seems Prime is working on it, but Disney is not solving anything. Frustrating
I installed the latest firmware update today too. No change. Has to be Disney's problem, I'd say. Netflix had no problems, Prime is fixed, Disney still nothing.

I installed the latest firmware update today too. No change. Has to be Disney's problem, I'd say. Netflix had no problems, Prime is fixed, Disney still nothing.
Amazon is not fixed. It needs to tell you 4k content on the movie/show description.

Amazon is not fixed. It needs to tell you 4k content on the movie/show description.
Correct, not fixed completely. I was too generous. But at least some shows have HDR and/or 4k again. Not all, but I get HDR and 4K for Good Omens. But not, for example, for American Gods, and I am pretty sure that was 4k HDR before.

Those models with android 8 got fixed with a firmware update.Looks like they have done what they can with android 9 models by getting hdr working without updating firmware.We will just have to wait for the next firmware update to see if 4k streaming on inbuilt apps gets sorted.
935 says UHD on the actual programme. Gives HDR as well despite not mentioning it. And shows 15mbit throughput with UHD description in diagnostic screen. It is fully working on some models now.

I'm convinced too it's up to the app producer for the major fault. So Amazon has still to fix completely, and Disney+ has just to start.... With their confort..... 🤬

Another nonsensical firmware release from TP Vision.
What do you mean? They finally fixed the widely reported problem of "PVR HDD formatting issues" (note: sarcasm)

Found in a different thread:

Changelog TPM191E_101.001.208.001 – Date: 2021/01/25

Now Dolby Atmos are identified correctly when played from USB
Fix for subwoofer pre out issues
PlayFi and AmbiAir improvements
UI and translations fixes
Fix for PVR HDD formatting issues
WiFi connection stability improvements
Stability improvements
General improvements

I opened a ticket with TPV and they sent me a new firmware currently running TPM191E_R.101.001.208.001 on a PUS8555, using prime shows UHD on the info on the grand tour for example and then see HDR10+ pop up on playback still nothing on disney+ but i also have another issue with an out of sync bar at the top of the screen on prime and iplayer content..... sigh.... the bar was there before the update they provided.

Attachments

• iplayer.jpeg
    iplayer.jpeg
    340.8 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
Disney either need to fix asap, or refund for 3 months/give 3 months free while 4k was not working. This is getting ridiculous.

Did anybody talk to Disney about this? I tried, but I only get someone who reads their website FAQ back at me and who can not refer me to anybody who might know more...

Did anybody talk to Disney about this? I tried, but I only get someone who reads their website FAQ back at me and who can not refer me to anybody who might know more...
I talked to Disney a month ago or so, they told me they know about the issues and they are working with Philips and other brands to resolve the problem ASAP, and asked for patience... a month ago, the problem comes from September 2020... I think we've already had too much patience and they fixed NOTHING since then. As I mentioned in the thread then, my brother works for Disney channel, not Disney+ but the current live channels in Spain and Portugal. I told him about this and he said me all he knows is the platform is driven people in charge crazy with many problems as is a young platform yet.
I know they are preparing an update for 23 February to add "Star" with a lot of new content and increase the price of the subscription... so, you don't fix this issues, let users pay for a service you are not giving, and instead you are going to increase the price because of the new contents... thinking about to delete my Disney+ account

Yes each time they ask you the same 20 basic questions, then you lose connection and you restart with an other operator which knows nothing about your last chat. This is crazy.

Guys the solution is really simple. Cancel your subscription. I have and will stay that way until they fix the problem.

I complained to Philips about poor HDR on my Philips LCD and as a gesture of good will they're going to replace it with an OLED model. Sounds like a win.

and a nice thing that they give you an oled but you are friends with the director of Philips hahahahahhah

100% serious. Have it in writing in front of me.

They also just announced the 2021 models so I wonder if I'll get lucky 👀

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom