Disney+ Star doubles content on 23rd Feb - news discussion

Haven't heard of half of those. Some I already own.
Watching a version of Romancing the Stone which hasn't been ripped to shreds will be good.

It must be down to existing deals in the UK as the Australian Star is getting all the films from Kingsman, Aliens, Predator, Taken. Especially films like Alien I would love to see if they go on at 4K HDR

This indicates that the prices will be frozen until August. I guess we’ll see if we qualify under Europe in March when the majority signed up for the reduced price.
Really useful, thanks. Was trying to find a way to renew once my initial year expires without luck, to avoid the price rise. I run out in March so will still get the lower price, is that right?

Really useful, thanks. Was trying to find a way to renew once my initial year expires without luck, to avoid the price rise. I run out in March so will still get the lower price, is that right?

I was trying to find this out as well, the majority of us signed up for the annual offer last year, so when that expires in March how do we get the cheaper price still?

I actually cancelled last year so it doesn't auto renew so I may miss out on the cheaper price until August.

I was trying to find this out as well, the majority of us signed up for the annual offer last year, so when that expires in March how do we get the cheaper price still?

I actually cancelled last year so it doesn't auto renew so I may miss out on the cheaper price until August.
I cancelled as well as soon as I signed up to avoid the auto renew.

I cancelled as well as soon as I signed up to avoid the auto renew.

Seems like we would have to pay the increased price straight away, I can't find anywhere in my account to reverse cancellation.

Seems like we would have to pay the increased price straight away, I can't find anywhere in my account to reverse cancellation.
There is something about existing subscribers getting the lower price until August?

There is something about existing subscribers getting the lower price until August?

Yep, but I cancelled so it doesn’t auto renew, so when it expires, I presume I have to pay increased price.

Yep, but I cancelled so it doesn’t auto renew, so when it expires, I presume I have to pay increased price.
I was hoping that the lower price will be open to us as we already have accounts.

Might get email reminders closer to the time?

I also paid £49.99 last March and canceled my sub so it did not automatically renew, when they announce that you could pay the cheaper price of £59.99 if you already had an active sub I just turned auto-renew back on and updated my card details, it now says I will pay £59.99 on the 24th of March.

I don't believe you can get it any cheaper than that.

Fairly sure vast majority of us already own most of the films in some format (physical or digital) that will be under this Star banner.

Also some of the 4K HDR Fox films on D+ don't have DV or DA whilst they are on iTunes.

I also paid £49.99 last March and canceled my sub so it did not automatically renew, when they announce that you could pay the cheaper price of £59.99 if you already had an active sub I just turned auto-renew back on and updated my card details, it now says I will pay £59.99 on the 24th of March.

I don't believe you can get it any cheaper than that.

Where can you turn auto renew back on?

If I log into disney plus, the account details don't give me an option to continue.

Where can you turn auto renew back on?

If I log into disney plus, the account details don't give me an option to continue.
So if you have more than one profile select the main one and click your icon in the top left of the screen, from the drop-down menu select account, on the account page I get account details and subscription, in the subscription section I get Disney+(annual) click the icon that looks like > and that let me re-enable my account and update my payment method.

So if you have more than one profile select the main one and click your icon in the top left of the screen, from the drop-down menu select account, on the account page I get account details and subscription, in the subscription section I get Disney+(annual) click the icon that looks like > and that let me re-enable my account and update my payment method.

This doesn’t work for me, just says subscription cancelled, you can continue watching until March 24th. Thanks though.

Just took a look at my account and I took up the £59.99 yearly subscription last April (2020).
The auto-renew price lists as £59.99 for April 2021.

Cartoons, Marvel, Star Wars and Pixar for the most part. Where’s the stuff for adults, then? Disney realise that their current offering is too limited, hence the change. National Geographic stuff is welcome, of course, assuming that you like that type of material.

I do agree in part with your post. I wouldn't have subscribed to Disney+ if it wasn't for the new Star content coming.

But there is no need to come off so condescending and insinuating that any adults who liked the current Disney+ content are morons.

I do agree in part with your post. I wouldn't have subscribed to Disney+ if it wasn't for the new Star content coming.

But there is no need to come off so condescending and insinuating that any adults who liked the current Disney+ content are morons.
I wasn’t being condescending at all. It’s banality of the Disney offering that I find irritating, not those who choose to use the service. Each to his/her/<insert correct pronoun here> own. I had high hopes for the service when it first launched. I’m waiting with keen interest to see if the additional services will tempt me. As for cartoons, I’m happy with Top Cat, Tom and Jerry (the original stuff) and whole heap of other classic stuff. Deputy Dawg, anyone?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom