Disney+ Star doubles content on 23rd Feb

Purperen

I'm hoping that they offer a new one year to those of us who took up the one year pre-order deal last March. It wouldn't be £49.99 again obviously, but £10 off the new £79.99 annual subscription price would be nice.

maverick177uk

Distinguished Member
Will let mine slide until December and then binge watch in lockdown 7 :laugh:

BMox81

Distinguished Member
I take it there is no way to extend your years subscription before it ends (without starting a new one)

This indicates that the prices will be frozen until August. I guess we’ll see if we qualify under Europe in March when the majority signed up for the reduced price.

adbailey18

I'm hoping that they offer a new one year to those of us who took up the one year pre-order deal last March. It wouldn't be £49.99 again obviously, but £10 off the new £79.99 annual subscription price would be nice.
Happy to let mine expire and see what offers are about.

Don't think it will beat the new Quidco sign up and cashback offer, ended up paying £15 for a year!

invisiblekid

Distinguished Member
£2 for unlimited Family Guy alone is worth it for me; it's £2.49 to buy an episode on iTunes.

The other stuff on Star as well is a massive hook for me, was very happy to run out my contract till Boba Fett arrived. While it's been a dire year, and while I got my monies worth, for none MCU and old Disney films, it's been a crushing disappointment.

Last edited:

Steven

Senior Moderator

This indicates that the prices will be frozen until August. I guess we’ll see if we qualify under Europe in March when the majority signed up for the reduced price.
Hopefully will get an email reminder money is about to be taken for a heads up on whether to renew 😊

MarkNorton1

Any mention at all if any of this content will be in 4K at all? I'm one of the few people that like the re-watch lost from time to time and a 4K DV stream of that would be very much appreciated!

Lee Moles

I’m sure Disney will put as much 4K content as much as they can but where a lot of this content is inherited from Fox in the buyout, they may have to restore a fair bit of it.

THX1138UK

The 'Family Guy' conformation alone makes me more than happy :) .

It's currently on ITV2 on Freeview and looks horrible in SD, and has add-breaks. I used to 'Family Guy' and 'American Dad' all the time on BBC3 HD (remember that?). Mind you, they were the only two programmes on BBC3 worth watching!

Regards,
James.

almightygoodgod

This is quite good news, I have never actually got round to watching Family Guy. I see the roll out date is the date it appears to be debuting in Singapore, where I currently live. A quick look at their website says it is SG$120 a year (GBP67) so I am happy with that. I'm glad they have parental lock to stop my kids getting access to the mature stuff.

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
It’s overdue. I used my nephew’s account to take a look at what’s currently on offer. If you like cartoons or inane drivel then currently Disney is for you, but I found nothing at all that I wanted to watch. It will be interesting to see what the expansion in offering brings. I’m still not holding my breath though.

BMox81

Distinguished Member

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
Cartoons, Marvel, Star Wars and Pixar for the most part. Where’s the stuff for adults, then? Disney realise that their current offering is too limited, hence the change. National Geographic stuff is welcome, of course, assuming that you like that type of material.

mitch

Distinguished Member
Cartoons, Marvel, Star Wars and Pixar for the most part. Where’s the stuff for adults, then? Disney realise that their current offering is too limited, hence the change. National Geographic stuff is welcome, of course, assuming that you like that type of material.
What were you expecting Horny Cougars Volume 4?

BMox81

Distinguished Member

Are you suggesting that adults can’t like/enjoy the cartoons/Marvel/Star Wars/Pixar content currently on Disney+?

You make out like Disney are struggling for subs at this present moment in time that they now need to put in the Fox stuff in....

There is definitely a minority of people online who definitely feel a sense of entitlement that Disney should be giving them all extra stuff when in reality, Disney could keep the current lineup on their service for the rest of our lifetimes and they’d still rake in the cash.

So yeah, you’re talking nonsense.

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
No, I’m not suggesting that adults can’t enjoy cartoons or the other stuff. The point that I was making, and will continue to make, is that the material is by and large inane drivel, in my opinion. If you like watching stuff that doesn’t challenge you and you‘re happy with an audio-visual diet of American pap, knock yourself out. I prefer a more varied diet, stuff with a bit of gravitas, something that gets you thinking, and certainly more varied than what’s currently on offer. Disney realise that. By adding a different type of content they hope to attract a different type of viewer, someone like me. I’ll reserve judgment for now, until I see what they have to offer, but at present, good ol’ Walt will have to get by without my money. Or at least his ghost will.

BMox81

Distinguished Member
No, I’m not suggesting that adults can’t enjoy cartoons or the other stuff. The point that I was making, and will continue to make, is that the material is by and large inane drivel, in my opinion. If you like watching stuff that doesn’t challenge you and you‘re happy with an audio-visual diet of American pap, knock yourself out. I prefer a more varied diet, stuff with a bit of gravitas, something that gets you thinking, and certainly more varied than what’s currently on offer. Disney realise that. By adding a different type of content they hope to attract a different type of viewer, someone like me. I’ll reserve judgment for now, until I see what they have to offer, but at present, good ol’ Walt will have to get by without my money. Or at least his ghost will.

I watch plenty of varied content, but I’m certainly not stuck up my own arse like yourself to think that the current Disney lineup is beneath me.

In fact, they’ll more than likely load in the new content and you’ll still end up moaning that it wasn’t thought provoking enough for you...

So you go run along and go crazy for your deep and meaningful content-I’m very confident that Disney will be quite fine without you and your money to be honest.

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the personal comments. Very adult. Clearly the sort of person not prepared to accept a viewpoint unless it’s theirs. Enjoy your cartoons.

BMox81

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the personal comments. Very adult. Clearly the sort of person not prepared to accept a viewpoint unless it’s theirs. Enjoy your cartoons.

Says the person telling me to enjoy my cartoons...

I’ve got no problem with people that don’t like the service. I just disagree with you wholeheartedly that what the Disney+ service provides isn‘t drivel-far from it in fact.

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
Fair enough. As I said, I find the Disney stuff too infantile for my tastes. Others don’t, and I can respect that. Each to their own.

HMTB

Does anybody know if True Lies (the film) will be on this new Star platform within Disney Plus? And if so, will it be in proper HD?

Lee Moles

There's not currently a list of titles which will be on Star but i would be shocked if it doesn't appear on there eventually.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...

Latest News

Polk launches React soundbar with Alexa
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Amazon Prime Video UK for February 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sky announces huge original TV show and movie lineup for 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Cambridge Audio launches DacMagic 200M headphone amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett