Disney+ Renewing Subscription

Garrett

Reaction score
Just wondering do they automatically renew your sub, and if so do they give you warning of any price rises before hand if they are going to charge more than the year before?

Just wondering do they automatically renew your sub, and if so do they give you warning of any price rises before hand if they are going to charge more than the year before?
They have sent me 2 emails recently advising of a £20 increase in the yearly sub price. Mine is due later this month.

They have sent me 2 emails recently advising of a £20 increase in the yearly sub price. Mine is due later this month.
Thanks would have renewed at the same price but for what I watch more or less the weekly Marvel series and Star Wars one.
Ill try and rush though The Strain.

Thanks would have renewed at the same price but for what I watch more or less the weekly Marvel series and Star Wars one.

How much are you currently paying? The only price increase is for those who are still on the original £5.99 per month or £59.99 annual subscriptions. If you're already paying £7.99 per month or £79.99 annually then that price will stay the same if you re-subscribe.

Also on the off chance you’re with O2, you can subscribe to Disney+ via ‘O2 priority’ for £5.99 a month (it’s actually £2 credit off your monthly mobile bill, but same thing).

How much are you currently paying? The only price increase is for those who are still on the original £5.99 per month or £59.99 annual subscriptions. If you're already paying £7.99 per month or £79.99 annually then that price will stay the same if you re-subscribe.
£59.99

Even at £79.99 it's still worth subscribing given the amount of content available. It makes it even easier to stomach if you break it down to a weekly cost (just over £1.50)...:smashin:

Also on the off chance you’re with O2, you can subscribe to Disney+ via ‘O2 priority’ for £5.99 a month (it’s actually £2 credit off your monthly mobile bill, but same thing).
This is how I subscribe to Disney+.....

Never had any increases in the offer price either

I don't know whether to renew or not.

The things I want to see aren't there - Alien in 4k for example - and they can't or won't tell me when they are going to appear. It's ridiculous that I can stream it illegally in 4k but not from the copyright owners (I wouldn't do anything illegal but I can see why some would).

I have no interest in any more MCU or SW stuff (I already have all the movies on BR or 4k disc anyway) but that seems to be their main thrust.

On other content, the "flagship" Steve Martin vehicle was IMO rubbish, and if it's more of that they can shove it.

And their policy of releasing series in weekly episodes is not what I want/need/expect. It's impossible to avoid spoilers, so waiting until all episodes are available is a no-no.

It may be relatively cheap, but for me it's still not good value. I'll offer them £30 a year and they can take it or leave it.

The things I want to see aren't there - Alien in 4k for example - and they can't or won't tell me when they are going to appear. It's ridiculous that I can stream it illegally in 4k but not from the copyright owners (I wouldn't do anything illegal but I can see why some would).

I have no interest in any more MCU or SW stuff (I already have all the movies on BR or 4k disc anyway) but that seems to be their main thrust.

On other content, the "flagship" Steve Martin vehicle was IMO rubbish, and if it's more of that they can shove it.

And their policy of releasing series in weekly episodes is not what I want/need/expect. It's impossible to avoid spoilers, so waiting until all episodes are available is a no-no.

It may be relatively cheap, but for me it's still not good value. I'll offer them £30 a year and they can take it or leave it.
Then you're not their target audience, I actually don't own any discs now. So it's very convenient for me to just quickly flick a film on through Disney+.
At £79.99 there is value in there for me, after all at this price you could probably only get 5-6 4K discs and nothing more.

In that case, I'd just not renew and pick up the titles you do want on disc or digital purchase. It would seem pointless to me to subscribe to a service that doesn't really offer anything you like or want to watch.

I don't buy discs any more (they are poor value) as there is plenty to watch on Freeview - and Amazon Prime which I consider as free because I use next day delivery a lot.

Quidco are still offering £10 cashback to sign up so just £69.99 and remember you can have upto 4 simultaneously streams so split it four ways and only £17.50 each 😉

Quidco are still offering £10 cashback to sign up so just £69.99 and remember you can have upto 4 simultaneously streams so split it four ways and only £17.50 each 😉
I dont know if I did it wrong but did that last year and was still the same price nor seem to got £10.

I dont know if I did it wrong but did that last year and was still the same price nor seem to got £10.
Last year I am pretty sure it was for new members only so I created a brand new account and got the cashback a few months later, this time it looks like it’s valid for current members and those buying a sub as a gift.

Last year I am pretty sure it was for new members only so I created a brand new account and got the cashback a few months later, this time it looks like it’s valid for current members and those buying a sub as a gift.
I was both brand new to Disney and Quidco.

Late to the game. For those who collect them, there's a decent redemption for Tesco Clubcard vouchers. 3 months Disney+ for £8 of vouchers .

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom