Disney pull out of The Chronicles of Narnia

That was possibly the worst, most wooden performance in the history of cinema and there's been a lot of competition in the 2000s, don't think many people who saw it would call it "acting" :rotfl:

It wasn't helped that the writing was dire and there basically was no part to play. As Easy Virtue and espacially Bigga Than Ben have shown, Ben Barnes is a very good actor when given a decent screenplay and a capable director.

Urien Rheged

Distinguished Member
I read all the books as a child and enjoyed both of the films. I look forward to more of them.:thumbsup:

philbam

Novice Member
I read all the books as a child and enjoyed both of the films. I look forward to more of them.:thumbsup:

Totally agree. Two of my favourite movies on blu ray - awesome picture and sound on both!
Acting by all the actors was excellent throughout and beautifully directed as well. Recommended family viewing!

eiren

Distinguished Member
Fox has announced it will co-finance The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader with Walden Media. They still working out budget and script issues, but they hope is have a 2010 release, through the Fox Walden label.

No doubt Fox will force them to re-write the scripts so that the kids are American, and the evil army consists of people with dark skin and homosexuals.
:devil: :smashin:

djh18558

Standard Member
I really hope that the whole series an be committed to film. I read all 7 books before my teens and they took me somewhere else, leading to a soft spot for fantasy stories. I also read alot of the Famous Five novels, but cant see them having the same appeal as the Narnia stories.

I prefer to keep quiet about subject matter I dont like, (slasher films are one! shhhhh!) and find the comments by others with open minds very refreshing. If you can't say anything good, dont say anything at all.

I think the (subversive theological?) messages, ideaology and character personas in C.S.Lewis's stories were aptly conveyed in the The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe, and look forward to watching Prince Caspian shortly.

Has anyone read the 'Ransom' trilogy? That would transfer excellently to film in the right hands.

Dave.

brian s

Distinguished Member
I really hope that the whole series an be committed to film. I read all 7 books before my teens and they took me somewhere else, leading to a soft spot for fantasy stories. I also read alot of the Famous Five novels, but cant see them having the same appeal as the Narnia stories.

Dave.

As an atheist I'm enjoying these films. I've just watched the last one and I'm pleased to say I thought it was very good. They're not my usual type of thing but they've both been very good.

My wife is a big fan of the books and she says the first was The Magician's Nephew which has not been filmed.

Cheers
Bri

eric pisch

Distinguished Member
good

I wouldn't watch any of them, i find it disgusting when story's are designed deliberately to subconsciously promote religion

kingfats

Distinguished Member
Guess im in the minority as i enjoyed both films :(

:D
Saw the first Chronicles of Narnia on Blu-ray last night and really enjoyed the film :smashin: looking forward to picking up the second one.
Audio/video was top notch as well.

brian s

Distinguished Member
Michael Apted is set to direct Dawn Treader for a December 2010 release. Things appear to be moving.

:smashin:
Bri

TW ALBIEE

I have both of these films on blu and loved them both,while i agree that they do push the religous angle a little i found them both to be good fantasu films and imo better that the trawl that is a new Harry Potter flick every year.

I am hoping that walden continue with the series as for me anyways they have been enjoyable sunday afternoon turn off your brain enjoyment.

Welsh Whirlwind

Saw the first one, did'nt really enjoy it, not seen the second one as i've no interest in it really. Maybe its just me but i really disliked the kids being in charge of huge armies and fighting against all these mythical creatures, they had no fighting or leadership experience and still win, huh?, just find it stupid.

I completely agree with this comment. I found it quite uncomfortable watching, not only because of the dire acting, but it just felt quite 'wrong'.
It seemed that these young kids resorted to war mongering everytime they encountered a problem, and subsequently led many to their death! The message it sent out to the young audience at whom it was aimed was 'If you have a problem, round up some mates and kick-off, and things should be 'right'! :rolleyes:
I found it very difficult to warm to the children in any way, in fact after a while I began to really detest the little brats! And thus I find myself firmly in the non-enjoying bracket of this thread, I'd go as far as saying that they're two of the worst films that have yet to grace my TV screen! Shocking stuff. :hiya:

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom