Quantcast

Disney plus - No atmos from apple tv 4k

Phooo

Standard Member
Hi, so I have a denon avrx2600 connected to my apple tv and although it says atmos on the app I only get multi in on the denon no atmos.

Anyone else same issues or found anything that does give atmos from titles showing atmos in the app

I have checked and amazon and netflix are working so defo a disney issue :-(

Thanks

mooperman

Distinguished Member
got mine working.... turn atmos off and on again on apple tv... then close the app using the double TV button on the remote and swiping up... re-open app... boom - atmos!

Rizvan

got mine working.... turn atmos off and on again on apple tv... then close the app using the double TV button on the remote and swiping up... re-open app... boom - atmos!
Cheers for this, will try it later when I get home. :D

mooperman

Distinguished Member
Cheers for this, will try it later when I get home. :D
watched mando ep.1 in just 5.1 this morning... did a bit of googling about and found the above info... did it and mando showing in atmos now... typical :D

HSC

From Disney + website -
Why am I getting low-quality audio or stereo instead of surround sound or Dolby Atmos?

NOTE:
In light of the concerns expressed by government officials regarding the use of broadband services in this challenging time, we have instituted measures to lower bandwidth utilization, and in some circumstances streaming content in HD and UHD formats, including Dolby Atmos audio, will be limited or unavailable. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Once we resume normal operations, this article will be updated with additional trouble shooting tips can also help you navigate your UHD 4K and Dolby Atmos experience on Disney+ .

Phooo

Standard Member
Gave it a go but still the same no atmos :-(

Should add titles show atmos on the app just play multi in

jwsg

No Atmos for me LG app or ATV app, even within work-arounds. Service will be very busy today and probably quite a while.

antsims

Distinguished Member
No Atmos for me either. I’m sure once “normal services resumes” it will be back, as the above article says.
The Sky app is only in HD which is weird.

aandpwoodley

Distinguished Member
No Atmos for me either, just DV, not the end of the world

jwsg

Ive had the film listings not showing Atmos in the ATV 4K app but that's fixable by toggling audio settings and killing the app - as above - but even then still no actual Atmos as it looks like they're using a low bit-rate 5.1 stream for many of us.

Blenky

But surely the Atmos part is metadata - so a very small footprint?

Blenky

Nope - that did not work.

Nobbler

Distinguished Member
For those of you that don’t have Atmos at the moment...please spare a thought for us early adapters. The Mandalorian went the whole series without Atmos and then added it in an update the week the last episode streamed.
And you think youve got it rough :(

steelman1991

From Disney + website -
Why am I getting low-quality audio or stereo instead of surround sound or Dolby Atmos?

NOTE:
In light of the concerns expressed by government officials regarding the use of broadband services in this challenging time, we have instituted measures to lower bandwidth utilization, and in some circumstances streaming content in HD and UHD formats, including Dolby Atmos audio, will be limited or unavailable. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Once we resume normal operations, this article will be updated with additional trouble shooting tips can also help you navigate your UHD 4K and Dolby Atmos experience on Disney+ .
They’re certainly doing their bit. I can’t get ANYTHING to play 😂🤦‍♂️

All hail “physical media” 😂😉

Last edited:

jwsg

But surely the Atmos part is metadata - so a very small footprint?
The metadata is small, but the total audio bit-rate for the streams with Atmos is often higher (say 700+ instead of 500+) than the basic 5.1 option . In fact it looks like for any given show there are a set of versions with different video bit-rates and formats and audio bit-rates and so on and the app chooses one of these according to your device, line conditions, and your package. What the companies seem to be doing is dropping some of the higher combos and for D+ we're probably just getting audio at around 256k.

antsims

Distinguished Member
Sky Q doesn't support HDR so HD is used to save them messing around with creating specific UHD - HDR versions, for Sky.

Paul
But Netflix is in 4k with no HDR on Sky Q. Why can’t this be the same?

jwsg

Toggling the setting and killing the app certainly works if the film listings in the app dont show Atmos - but whether you then actually get Atmos or just he low bandwidth 5.1 stream is a separate thing across all devices for now.

MJLadak54

Novice Member
Which button is the double tv as I have followed your instructions and unable to activate Atmos. Thxs.

mooperman

Distinguished Member
Which button is the double tv as I have followed your instructions and unable to activate Atmos. Thxs.
to the right of the menu button - looks like a tv - double press it and it brings up all the open apps in like a cascade effect. move to each one and swipe up to make sure they are fully closed (bit like a mobile phone). Worth noting that restarting the apple tv doesnt seem to close the app.

Trending threads

Latest News

TV shipment forecasts slashed for Q2 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung Display to quit LCD production
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sony XH81, XH80 and X70 TVs now available in UK
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
TV sales rise as UK stays home