Disney plus Imax enhanced does not work on apple tv

DazedandConfused

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, so I have a sony xf9005 tv and marantz sr6013 amp and apple tv 4k, latest version. I was excited to see my favourite marvel films with the new imax enhanced this morning. Imax enhanced works via the tv disney plus app but not via apple tv.

Anyone else experience this or know if there is a work around or an updates coming via apple tv?

Hi, so I have a sony xf9005 tv and marantz sr6013 amp and apple tv 4k, latest version. I was excited to see my favourite marvel films with the new imax enhanced this morning. Imax enhanced works via the tv disney plus app but not via apple tv.

Anyone else experience this or know if there is a work around or an updates coming via apple tv?

Works on my Apple TV4K (2nd Gen) as I watched Infinity War last night. Are you selecting the Imax Version in the Disney+ App?

Could be worth checking if the App is on the latest version. Just go to the App Store and see if an update is available.

Hi Jase, thanks for the reply. It looks like an imax aspect ratio when I play it but it doesn't have the imax enhanced logo on it. On the tv disney plus app and same on my tablet it has this logo.
App is upto date. I guess if looks right I shouldn't worry.

Hi Jase, thanks for the reply. It looks like an imax aspect ratio when I play it but it doesn't have the imax enhanced logo on it. On the tv disney plus app and same on my tablet it has this logo.
App is upto date. I guess if looks right I shouldn't worry.

As long as the ratio is ok that's the important bit. Strange the others have a logo though. Is it permanently displayed when watching a film?

No it's on the film selection screen, not actually displayed on the screen during the film. That's why I was unsure, as all other disney plus apps have the imax enhanced logo but not on the apple tv. On apple it just says dolby vision.

No it's on the film selection screen, not actually displayed on the screen during the film. That's why I was unsure, as all other disney plus apps have the imax enhanced logo but not on the apple tv. On apple it just says dolby vision.

Ah, ok. I'll check mine again later and see how it compares to the TV App but I just went down to Versions and selected the IMAX one from there.

Just a thought. Isn't your Sony TV an Imax Enhanced certified model? That could be why the logo is there if it detects the content and switches to that mode.

I wouldn’t worry about the logo. Mine was saying the sound mix was in 5.1 but I’m actually getting Atmos?

I wouldn’t worry about the logo. Mine was saying the sound mix was in 5.1 but I’m actually getting Atmos?

Disney+ seems to be a bit hit and miss on some kit at the moment. Just tried the internal App on our Sony XH9505 which is IMAX Enhanced. No logo pops up and it's only in HD as Dolby Vision/HDR is busted after the latest App update.

Dolby Vision is fine on the ATV4K. So is Dolby Vision and Atmos on my LG Oled.

Last edited:
Currently watching Shang Chi in IMAX enhanced ratio in ATV4K.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom