Disney Plus App no 4k or atmos content v 2.2.0-rc5

If you have experienced this issue, what model of tv do you have?

• XG9505

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • XG9005

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Other XG or XH model

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • XJ90

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • XJ95

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Other 2021 model

• Other pre 2021 model

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • A9G

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • A8H

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • A90J

• XH9505 (just noticed i put xg twice)

Votes: 18 32.7%

• Total voters
How can you check your actually gettin 4K Dolby Vision? I've got a a80j and haven't found any button which show the resolution etc that is being displayed.
I have the XH9505 and if you going into the picture settings it shows as either Dolby Vision light or Dark if its playing it in that format.

I can’t be bothered to wait for Disney to resolve the problem so I’ve just ordered an Apple TV box instead. I’m just hoping it’s a good as the reviews make out. 🤷‍♂️

I can’t be bothered to wait for Disney to resolve the problem so I’ve just ordered an Apple TV box instead. I’m just hoping it’s a good as the reviews make out. 🤷‍♂️
I got one last month, dont think you'll be disappointed.
I bought one as had bought a few films and wanted the extras like directors cut etc.

Last edited:
I have new Sony KD- 50X80J purchased 10/24/21. Vision and Atmos worked the weekend before this past one but dame as everyone else now. Get some IMAX content but only HD 5.1. LG TV in bedroom still gets Vision and Atmos. Not told of any fix or known issue. They put in for 1month refund. Content on VUDU works fine for 4K and Atmos. I'm spoiled after 4K and Dolby Atmos setup, I don't Want to go back to DVD quality.

I tries the casting from phone as a work around but maybe my Samsung Galaxy s10 not capable of Vision or atmos. Plays HD and 5.1 only. Set to 4K highest resolution. Can't get any content to play in 4K on phone from any platform.

Last edited:
DV and Atmos showing again on my XH90. No reboot, just clicked on the app and everything I knew previously to have both now does. Again. For a while knowing the history of this app on Android platforms.

DV and Atmos showing again on my XH90. No reboot, just clicked on the app and everything I knew previously to have both now does. Again. For a while knowing the history of this app on Android platforms.
Just checked my A9 and yup, 4k is there.

Obviously me live chatting them this afternoon to report that I also had the problem spurred them in to sorting it out. You're welcome :)

My ZF9 is showing 4K DV once again 😁. Glad this was sorted quickly for those without alternative streaming options.

Back here also. Sony 55xh9505
Dolby vision, Imax. Dolby atmos.
Happy times

Does Logan, alita battle angel or deadpool 2 play for anyone? I get a message that something went wrong, contact disney plus on my a80J. I posted this in the a80J forum and some users said they had the same issue, just wondering if this is happening with other sony TVs.

Everything else is back up and running.

Does Logan, alita battle angel or deadpool 2 play for anyone? I get a message that something went wrong, contact disney plus on my a80J. I posted this in the a80J forum and some users said they had the same issue, just wondering if this is happening with other sony TVs.

4K DV back for me on my A1. Logan plays fine

Mine is back to normal too.
Is there a notification anywhere to show imax enhanced or is it full screen that confirms it?

Looking rather splendid on my AG9 ,there’s plenty of life in the old dog yet 👍

Yep looks fixed but no app update, no idea what they did.

I have an A80J and have the same issue. Interestingly and similarly to the DV/Atmos problem, you can search for these movies on your phone and cast them to your TV and they work just fine. You should then be able to carry on watching them from the “continue watching” line within the Disney+ app just not via the usual search function.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom