Disney Plus App no 4k or atmos content v 2.2.0-rc5

If you have experienced this issue, what model of tv do you have?

• XG9505

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • XG9005

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Other XG or XH model

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • XJ90

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • XJ95

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Other 2021 model

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Other pre 2021 model

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • A9G

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • A8H

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • A90J

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • XH9505 (just noticed i put xg twice)

Votes: 18 34.0%

• Total voters

leogets

Novice Member
Like others have said, Dolby Vision and 4k ultra HDR is back again on my Sony Disney+ app. Didn't get an update, just returned. IMAX enhanced looks awesome. Hopefully it's fixed for good and doesn't disappear again.

ytgti

Looks fixed my end. All 4K/Vision and Atmos showing as it used to.

Good as will be watching Hawkeye later

Teibban

Novice Member
In Canada here. A80J, ps5, XsX and Samsung S21 all showing Imax, hdr, DV but max sound available is 5.1.

LCDseeker

Distinguished Member
Sorry if this is a daft question, I feel I should know the answer, but can you choose which format (Imax, DV, UHD etc) you watch something in on Disney + or does it just self select?

tahirti3

Sorry if this is a daft question, I feel I should know the answer, but can you choose which format (Imax, DV, UHD etc) you watch something in on Disney + or does it just self select?
It looks like some films have a versions tab where you can choose imax or normal but i cant see any notification on the tv menu though.

JohnnyMN

You can select between the IMAX version with the expanded aspect ratio and the normal aspect ratio. However you would need a device capable of switching between HDR, DV or 4K SDR to adjust those. Can do that with the Nvidia Shield.

Fleaman101

You can select between the IMAX version with the expanded aspect ratio and the normal aspect ratio. However you would need a device capable of switching between HDR, DV or 4K SDR to adjust those. Can do that with the Nvidia Shield.
As far as I’ve seen there is only a Version tab on the Imax stuff (Imax or original widescreen) if your device/app supports it. Everything else is one version dictated by your device/app and the content.

D

Deleted member 433786

On my XG95 its working correctly, but on my XE9005, there is still no atmos, only 5.1.

hi mate

my xf has never had atmos via the app, only if casting. as the xe runs the same firmware I expect its the same

Morden

Distinguished Member
hi mate

my xf has never had atmos via the app, only if casting. as the xe runs the same firmware I expect its the same

Thanks, Ill need to dig out my 4k firestick thats currently on an formerly 1st gen no longer smart hdtv (not 4k) for disney on that TV.
I also noticed no apple tv app either on the XF so another reason for the 4k firestick.
I though playstore apps were the same for all TVs?

D

Deleted member 433786

Thanks, Ill need to dig out my 4k firestick thats currently on an formerly 1st gen no longer smart hdtv (not 4k) for disney on that TV.
I also noticed no apple tv app either on the XF so another reason for the 4k firestick.
I though playstore apps were the same for all TVs?

Unfortunately no Apple TV app, it can be sideloaded but it doesn't work correctly when playing back 4k HDR/DV content, the picture will break up every few seconds, its not a buffering thing its more like some weird pixelation/inversion thing is going on so yep I would also recommend the fire stick for that :smashin:

jmueller216

Novice Member
Is there any way to get Atmos from Disney+ without 4k? I thought the shield would do this, but now I am not so sure. I've read that Apple TV works, but that the sound sucks. I can get Atmos from HBO, Netflix, etc., but not Disney. I have tried streaming from my phone, Chromecast w/GTV, Fire 4k, Tivo Stream HD, etc. I would be willing to get Apple TV or Shield if I knew that they would support atmos without 4k and didn't sound bad. My projector is 1080P and upgrading to a 4k projector would be a much bigger investment than ATV or Shield, and not really in my budget right now.

THX1138UK

The native Disney+ App on Panasonic TVs now supports Dolby Atmos.
(GS950B)

Regards,
James.

mrpaddysmith

Novice Member
Disney plus app has stopped displaying 4k Dolby Vision content.

It initially changed to 4K HDR with Atmos sound, now its HD with 5.1 sound

I tried reporting to disney was told app no longer supports dolby content.
No word of fix, just told submit as feedback to https://help.disneyplus.com/
Curious as to whether most people who are having this issue are trying to stream on a next-gen (series, ps5) console?

leogets

Novice Member
Curious as to whether most people who are having this issue are trying to stream on a next-gen (series, ps5) console?
I had the issue on the Sony X9500H android TV app. Seems the issue was in fact the Disney+ app. Disney+ fixed the issue weeks ago, and I haven't had an issue with 4K Ultra HD and Dolby vision since.

Morden

Distinguished Member

There were no reports of PS5s, issue was with the internal app on Bravia TVs.

A workaround at ths time was to use google cast or an Apple TV box or Firestick.

I had the issue on a Sony XG9505, Disney updated the app, back in November and the issue was resolved. And has worked fine since then.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom