Disney Plus App no 4k or atmos content v 2.2.0-rc5

If you have experienced this issue, what model of tv do you have?

• XG9505

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • XG9005

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Other XG or XH model

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • XJ90

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • XJ95

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Other 2021 model

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Other pre 2021 model

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • A9G

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • A8H

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • A90J

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • XH9505 (just noticed i put xg twice)

Votes: 18 34.0%

• Total voters

Kevinmastah

Standard Member
Lets hope Disney+ comes Friday with an update.
Update that brings HDR, DV and Imax enhanced back to our devices that supports those formats.

Mallett94

Distinguished Member
Temporary workaround is to cast disney+ to the TVs built in chromecast from a smartphone, tablet or google chrome tab on a computer. Should give you the full abilities that a D+ sub allows you.

guypb

Anyone tried Kodi to see if that still supports Disney+ in DV & Atmos?

Not sure if we've gone a whole month on a Sony with Atmos on Disney+

Wez68

Distinguished Member
Temporary workaround is to cast disney+ to the TVs built in chromecast from a smartphone, tablet or google chrome tab on a computer. Should give you the full abilities that a D+ sub allows you.
Indeed it does ,thanks for that ,works perfectly 👍

GJW81

Standard Member
Disney plus app has stopped displaying 4k Dolby Vision content.

It initially changed to 4K HDR with Atmos sound, now its HD with 5.1 sound

I tried reporting to disney was told app no longer supports dolby content.
No word of fix, just told submit as feedback to https://help.disneyplus.com/
I’ve had exactly the same issue since the weekend. Firstly DV disappeared and every 4K movie was showing as HDR10 then on Monday that disappeared and now everything is showing as HD only.

Disney plus support have been useless. I’ve contacted them three times and they told me each time that this is an isolated incident to me and it was being investigated.

It only affects my Bravia tv app. DV still showing on IPhone 12 and iPad apps.

LCDseeker

Distinguished Member
I’ve had exactly the same issue since the weekend. Firstly DV disappeared and every 4K movie was showing as HDR10 then on Monday that disappeared and now everything is showing as HD only.

Disney plus support have been useless. I’ve contacted them three times and they told me each time that this is an isolated incident to me and it was being investigated.

DV disappeared for me as well so how they can pretend it's isolated is a joke! I can't see anything in IMAX...is there anything to test that on?

GJW81

Standard Member
DV disappeared for me as well so how they can pretend it's isolated is a joke! I can't see anything in IMAX...is there anything to test that on?
I’m not sure buddy. I went on my Bravia app this morning to check to see if it had been fixed and I saw that in the description of Black Widow it said IMAX enhanced but was still showing everything in HD and nothing in 4K.

Things go wrong, I’ve got no issue with that, but I was led to believe for days that this was an issue only affecting me. There answer was to speak to Sony as it’s a tv issue not Disney plus. I then told them that I could still get Dolby vision through Amazon Prime and they had no come back to that.

LCDseeker

Distinguished Member
I’m not sure buddy. I went on my Bravia app this morning to check to see if it had been fixed and I saw that in the description of Black Widow it said IMAX enhanced but was still showing everything in HD and nothing in 4K.

Things go wrong, I’ve got no issue with that, but I was led to believe for days that this was an issue only affecting me. There answer was to speak to Sony as it’s a tv issue not Disney plus. I then told them that I could still get Dolby vision through Amazon Prime and they had no come back to that.

Thanks I'll try Black Widow and see what it looks like. Completely agree about the default stock answer by most tech companies is it's down to you or your own tech when in reality they know exactly what's going on. Why they can't just be honest is beyond me. The radio silence from Disney+ does make me wonder if it might have been dropped for good. I sincerely hope not.

Morden

Distinguished Member

If i use my Apple TV 4k box, I get 4k dv.

Agree the support is a much use as a chocolate tea pot!

Morden

Distinguished Member
Thanks I'll try Black Widow and see what it looks like. Completely agree about the default stock answer by most tech companies is it's down to you or your own tech when in reality they know exactly what's going on. Why they can't just be honest is beyond me. The radio silence from Disney+ does make me wonder if it might have been dropped for good. I sincerely hope not.
Tried just now, black widow says imax enhanced, but HD 5.1 so still crap.
Tested viewing and definitely HD thats displayed.

It looks like they have totally barfed the Bravia TV app!

Last edited:

DavidT

No UHD/4k, Dolby Vision, HDR or Dolby Atmos on my 9505 either with Disney+.

Morden

Distinguished Member
Looks like Sony has really ballsed things up 😡
You mean disney have.

App is on play store, so its an android app, (other android tvs like philips use android too) not sure what Sonys involvement is.
Google would be more likely than sony, but its disney who wrote the app. So them who have barfed it.

Last edited:

GJW81

Standard Member
Tried Disney again and they said they have had a lot of reports of this and they are collating it.

So worth reporting as a fault in chat support, if you have not already.

That’s a positive update. At least they are now admitting there is an issue which is more than they did when I reported it on three different occasions over the last few days.

LCDseeker

Distinguished Member
This is what their "chat" said to me

"As of the moment, our Tech team is doing all their best to get this corrected the soonest and I'm very hopeful of that as well. As of the moment, I'll need some information from your Sony TV to submit our case as well to our Tech team."

I asked for some sort of credit and they said no then disconnected the chat...😂

I'm a huge fan of Disney+ but not of their customer service.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES '22 TV Announcement Round-up, Plus, Most Anticipated Movies of 2022 and More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Lenco launches 400 series turntable and speaker combo
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 26th January 2022
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Huawei begins P50 Pocket and P50 Pro smartphone global rollout
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Audioengine launches compact S6 powered subwoofer