Disney Plus app Dolby Digital stopped working

Thankfully, there are a LOT of reviews on Google Play pointing out that surround sound doesn't work when casting to Chromecast. I went through them and upvoted them, and I'm sure it would be helpful if others did the same.
I tried, I scrolled and scrolled until my head hurt. Many many complaints about buffering, error 83 or something, downloads not working, woke culture and even no picture in picture but virtually no one seems to care about surround sound. Even sorted by date and scrolled back to around December when this seems to have started but little luck. I think I eventually found about 3 messages which I upvoted but I know that the effect will be zero.

Hello Incrediballs! I do care about surround sound. Last time I had a one month subscription to Disney+, 5.1 sound stopped working overnight. I contacted them but didn't seem aware of the problem. Perhaps they don't care. I do. I won't subscribe again until the issue is solved.

Hello, now that Disney+ has separate pricings, ie Premium with Dolby Atmos and Standard up to 5.1, is 5.1 working again on the latter?

Thanks for your reply. I had the issue overnight last year, back when there was only one price.

Last edited:
Can I ask, have you been defaulted to the highest tier?
Thanks for your reply. I had the issue overnight last night, back when there was only one price.

Doesn't matter I checked my account, I didn't think it changed until December but they have defaulted me to premium

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom