Disney on Blu-ray - General discussion

The Wild came from Amazon today and is a numbered version. I seem to remember it went for a lot of money not long ago. I wouldn't pay anymore than the fiver it cost me but I do like it fill the gap in the 40's.

I'm not sure whether this is true or not but I've been hearing a lot that the newly-designed covers are limited edition work. I just really hope that's true.

To be honest though, my collection has increased a massive amount. I now only have 11 or 12 left to get until I've got all of the UK releases. It'd be annoying but I wouldn't find it totally disastrous if Treasure Planet or Atlantis were in the style of the new cover on blu-ray. It's just annoying that they're both out in the UK on DVD and they have the old numbered spine.

But I majorly took advantage of the BOGOF and bought about six blu-rays overall. I managed to get Beauty and the Beast, Frozen, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Mulan, Pinocchio and Alice in Wonderland. My next payday is a week before the deal ends so I'll be going back to get six more.

I would be very surprised if Disney finally got round to releasing Treasure Planet and Atlantis on Blu.

God, I hope so! They suck :(

I assume you mean just the slipcovers? They are releasing all the blu rays so far in the new cover. The next batch with the new covers are out on the 10th November which is why I got Brother Bear now.

Is there anything 'new' about the covers other than the numbering? Aren't the Amaray cover designs identical (other than the numbering)?

And disc artwork. Rather than the old blue label we used to have they now have this new disc artwork.

Yes, just the slipcovers. I really don't like them at all. They cheapen the whole Disney catalogue IMO.

Are there any pics of the disc artwork?

I've got the US versions of Treasure Planet and Atlantis 1 & 2 as well as Lilo & Stitch. The Treasure Planet and Lilo & Stitch discs are top notch - up there with the best of the Disneys (particularly L&S) but Atlantis seems to missing something - probably been DNR'd a little which has taken the sheen of it. I will have to check it - gives me an excuse to spin it again I suppose!

I've got the US versions of Treasure Planet and Atlantis 1 & 2 as well as Lilo & Stitch. The Treasure Planet and Lilo & Stitch discs are top notch - up there with the best of the Disneys (particularly L&S) but Atlantis seems to missing something - probably been DNR'd a little which has taken the sheen of it. I will have to check it - gives me an excuse to spin it again I suppose!

Always thought Atlantis 1 was kind of iffy anyway on dvd but have this myself and the sound especially the bass end is amazing :). Treasure Planet is very nice on blu-ray again the sound is fantastic.

Looking forward to this release
Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas / Twice Upon a Christmas Blu-ray

pre-ordered it on Amazon.com works out about £16.50 with standard shipping, just hope it's Region Free as I have a UK blu-ray player. Might check
DVDWorldUSA.com as they tend to get some releases earlier...

I stuck in Beauty and the Beast on blu-ray in my Playstation 3 and the menu isn't coming up. The previews play fine but the Top Menu doesn't show, it's just a black screen. The blu-ray used to work though as I've watched the film before on the PS3. The disc is completely clean and scratch-free. Can anybody help?

Im so behind on buying my Disney and now Marvel Blurays. Is there any sign of Treasure Planet, Basil The Great Mouse Detective etc coming to the UK? or are they region Free from the US.

They are region free from the US. Don't expect UK releases. I went for the Italian versions of Atlantis and Treasure Planet.

They are even charging silly money now for Basil and Black Cauldron because of the new versions. I was all set to order the Black Cauldron DVD and it has shot up to over £10 from £5.

Im so behind on buying my Disney and now Marvel Blurays. Is there any sign of Treasure Planet, Basil The Great Mouse Detective etc coming to the UK? or are they region Free from the US.

Basil The Great Mouse Detective from the US is region free

What others are region Free from the US but not available here?

Adventures of Ichabod and Mr Toad / Fun and Fancy Free
Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Rescuers 1 and 2
Lilo and Stitch 1 and 2
Mulan 1 and 2

I have decided to order Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Basil and Black Cauldron on DVD before the new slip versions come out which are much more money. I could get Black Cauldron of DMR but it looks like it is the old non anamorphic version.

Last edited:
I have decided to get Home on the Range Blu from the US. That will probably happen in December. Until that happens, here is what my collection looks like. I like having both the 39 numbered titles next to each other but will move Dinosaur to t he end so I can fit Home on the Range in.

Attachments

• Disneys.jpg
    Disneys.jpg
    503 KB · Views: 139
The Black Hole on bluray please.... That is all....

Just checking. Sometimes the prices individually drop to about £8 each even those not in the BOGOF which is when i tend to go for them. Just bagged Oliver and Company for £8

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom