Disney+ Information

I wasn't seeing things then! :smashin:

I noticed Frozen 2 was there too. Not sure if that's available from the UK service yet.

Paul
You are right mate. If you see Frozen 2 you are not accessing the U.K. as it looks like it’s not available until July here

The beat thing about it finally arriving in the UK is my kids can use it. I’ll still be watching the NL service but with my login details my kids get to use the UK service. My grandson is on his third Avengers film already

The beat thing about it finally arriving in the UK is my kids can use it. I’ll still be watching the NL service but with my login details my kids get to use the UK service. My grandson is on his third Avengers film already

My daughter has been working her way through the Tangled series - great stuff.

You are right mate. If you see Frozen 2 you are not accessing the U.K. as it looks like it’s not available until July here
I've changed the server that the Disney+ service looks at, in my SmartDNS console (US to UK). So we'll see if that changes what I can see in the App.

Paul

I assume the Sky deal prevents Disney releasing Frozen 2 on Disney plus earlier than usual?

Last edited:
I thought the old Sky and Disney deal was the reason Disney couldn't launch D+ in the UK until today.

It's on purchase in the Sky Store as part of the steaming / rent service for cinema releases.

Wouldn't surprise me if they cave and add this and Onward very soon to the UK Disney+

I thought Sky still had the right to show new releases at the same time as Disney + stream them?
According to Sky they just retain first play rights of 20th Century movies.

Anyone got the Android app working on a Xiaomi phone, the app store says my device is not compatible, and the workaround to side load the app via Split APK Installer doesnt work (possibly something to do with MIUI) Pretty cheesed off I can get D+ on my phone (and only find out after I've paid for the service)

So this hasn’t gone down quite as well as I’d hoped in my household. The new content is great but there’s:

No live TV from what I can tell?
No Frozen 2
No Onward, apparently
No books
No music

😐

disappointed.

It's basically Disney's version of Netflix, never was meant to have Live TV, books, Music?

Onward is being added I believe.

So this hasn’t gone down quite as well as I’d hoped in my household. The new content is great but there’s:

No live TV from what I can tell?
No Frozen 2
No Onward, apparently
No books
No music

😐

disappointed.
Did you not research it first? Frozen II I can understand but Onward isn’t on the US service until April 3rd and I’ve never seen live TV or music mentioned anywhere...?

Did you not research it first? Frozen II I can understand but Onward isn’t on the US service until April 3rd and I’ve never seen live TV or music mentioned anywhere...?
Nope, all the communications I received from Disney said that Disney life is shutting down and to sign up for Disney+, so I did, I think it’s perfectly reasonable for me to assume I wouldn’t lose content in that process.

I guess for those who used DisneyLife where music was part of the sub, not seeing it on there would be a surprise (or disappointment to some).

But yeah, perhaps a bit of research might have been preferable before purchasing.

I guess for those who used DisneyLife where music was part of the sub, not seeing it on there would be a surprise (or disappointment to some).

But yeah, perhaps a bit of research might have been preferable before purchasing.
Don’t get me wrong, I was always going to purchase it as we are very much a ‘Disney’ house, so research just felt unnecessary and I kinda forgot about it, just a little disappointed that I’m now missing content we previously had. The new content is amazing though.

Don’t get me wrong, I was always going to purchase it as we are very much a ‘Disney’ house, so research just felt unnecessary and I kinda forgot about it, just a little disappointed that I’m now missing content we previously had. The new content is amazing though.

No, I get that. I did a trial of DisneyLife so knew that stuff is in there. Maybe Disney will add it in a future update? Given their rich history and some of the bangers they've produced over the years, it would be foolish of them not to add them in.

No, I get that. I did a trial of DisneyLife so knew that stuff is in there. Maybe Disney will add it in a future update? Given their rich history and some of the bangers they've produced over the years, it would be foolish of them not to add them in.
Yes hopefully! My daughter is massively into her Disney music so it was great for that, would rather not have to pay out for another sub just to get it back 😞

:rolleyes: So which streaming device apart from an ATV can stream this at the correct frame rates without judder ?, my amazon fire tv 4k stick is 60hz and sky Q is 50hz ...

Is this Onward that was just on in cinema? I have watched first Mandalorin, great stuff! luv the marvel etc and Simpsons so well worth it for me. The app on LG C8 is great so far, can adjust subtitle style to like on amazon, netflix needs this!

Well while everyone is moaning about bandwidth issues and no Atmos, I’m lording it up watching Tangled The Series and Sofia The First in HD and 5.1.

Take that internet.

:cool:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom