Disney+ Information

You won’t really need a UK option since you’re in the UK But I’m sure they will add it..
Since the smart dns/vpn method just makes you appear to be in the country you choose, if you want to appear to be in the UK you could just turn off your smart dns.

You won’t really need a UK option since you’re in the UK But I’m sure they will add it..
Since the smart dns/vpn method just makes you appear to be in the country you choose, if you want to appear to be in the UK you could just turn off your smart dns.

Well Said, that was my perception too, I just paid a years subs to Smart DNS, and enough credit in my US itunes account to see me thru and then switch to the UK one, the only proviso is we get the same content of course :)

okay come march and the content is the same do we just sign up with a UK account and cancel the US one ?

okay come march and the content is the same do we just sign up with a UK account and cancel the US one ?

That's what I'll be doing. So for me it will be everything bar my US movies in the TV app which we're beginning to use a lot more in recent months.

That's what I'll be doing. So for me it will be everything bar my US movies in the TV app which we're beginning to use a lot more in recent months.
Yes using your Uk iTunes account you should get a free trail as well,just like the USA free trial

I pay for Netflix via my Sky Q sub and it works out cheaper. Downside is no HDR or Atmos though the latter is certainly possible as there is Atmos content on Sky.
Yes it can still be watched on other devices using that account ;) :D

Last edited:
Hmmmmm. Seems Disney added AtMOs to the Mandalorian in the latest app update. Yay.

BUT it’s no longer DV. Booooo

haven’t tested anything else yet. Just reproducing what people were seeing on AVS

None of the Star Wars stuff is HDR anymore even though labelled as such. Still Atmos though so every cloud...

In fact correct me if I’m wrong, but NOTHING is in 4K HDR on Disney+ anymore :confused:

Wow. Ok. They messed up.
Small hope the Star Wars stuff comes back with a better DV stream with UHD release imminent?

Oh no - I've not bought these films on iTunes or watched recent ones on NowTV because they were supposed to be coming to D+ in 4K HDR

Sure it will be corrected at some point. Seems a pretty big muckaroo if it’s all DV content

Seems the "mouse" has borked this update, but it seems a random cock-up. I have 2 set-ups - a PJ (no DV but HDR capable, with a receiver) and OLED DV capable TV (ATV4K hooked up directly to the TV).

The PJ set-up has no HDR on any content, but Atmos. The TV (Obviously doesn't do Atmos), but all titles play in DV - go figure.

Well I hope they do bring the DV back, watched Star Wars episodes 4,5 and 6 a few weeks back on Disney + and they were pretty phenomenal :)

watched part of the 1st episode of the mandalorian, and paused watching till all the episodes were available so will have to wait till they but DV back, I imaging they are just updating stuff , they have till the UK release to fix it, else I’m out

Seems like some over the pond are finding that "switching off Atmos" enables titles to playback in DV/HDR. Might suggest why I have DV/HDR in my non-Atoms TV set-up and none on my Atmos/PJ set-up. :facepalm:

I’ve cancelled my subscription for now. I understand someone had made a massive error here but I’m not along for the shiny pictures and booming sound. I’m here for the originals and so far I’ve watched Mando and Togo.
It all kicks off here in a couple of less now so I’ll see if there’s anything fresh by then a subscribe via the UK service.
Still think I’ll be able to watch US and NL as well using dns4me which is doing a great job.

Is it really life and death for some of you that DV and Atmos are removed if certain elements need to be corrected?

Is it really life and death for some of you that DV and Atmos are removed if certain elements need to be corrected?
Not for me. It’s the original content I’m interested in. So far on that side I’ve watched Mandalorian and Togo as High School Musical doesn’t appeal to me as a 50 something year old.
When more original material comes along from Marvel and Star Wars I will re-sub in a heartbeat

Is there a list of what is actually available on Disney+? I've not been able to find one.

Is there a list of what is actually available on Disney+? I've not been able to find one.
I don't think so, it's a bit like Netflix in that you have to be a subscriber just to see whats available. If it's something in particular your looking for you can search for it on justwatch

I’ve cancelled my D+ sub for now, having watched all of the originals I wanted to. My setup was causing me too much of a headache having to refresh it every few days. I also don’t have to bother getting us iTunes credit.

So it’s back to Disney Life for now, on the AppleTV, which is already telling you that it will be switching to Disney+ for £5.99pm from next month

I’ve cancelled my D+ sub for now, having watched all of the originals I wanted to. My setup was causing me too much of a headache having to refresh it every few days. I also don’t have to bother getting us iTunes credit.

So it’s back to Disney Life for now, on the AppleTV, which is already telling you that it will be switching to Disney+ for £5.99pm from next month

Six weeks to go!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom