Quantcast

Disney+ Information

BigTelHols

Started to watch the Xmen cartoon yesterday, brought back memories and the Simpsons movie last night. Haven't got Atmos so can't comment on that and haven't watched any 4K yet...

gunner84

Is it possible a mod can move this thread to the TV/Movie on demand streaming forum, not sure why we have this thread and another in the movies/TV streaming forum, I like to check both and its anoying having to go back and forth?

Perhaps then lock the other Disney launch thread?

BMox81

Distinguished Member
I’d keep this one here personally-the more sensible folk seem to visit this thread as opposed to the news threads in the streaming section....

Plus this one has been going longer...

gunner84

I’d keep this one here personally-the more sensible folk seem to visit this thread as opposed to the news threads in the streaming section....

Plus this one has been going longer...
Yeah this one is a good thread, just seems pointless having 2 threads on the same subject in different sub forums.

Chinstroke

Question for those who signed up using topcashback. If it didn’t track what did you put in as order number when putting in claim. I’ve checked my account and my emails and there doesn’t seem to be one

ggrossen

Yes I watched the mandalorian yesterday one ep on the ATV 4K and another with the LG C9 app. Thought they were pretty similar in quality. Even with the reduced bit rates I thought the quality was pretty good although the audio dynamics was a little lacking and I had to boost the volume a little. Is this a Disney thing?

jwsg

Ive found the D+ audio to be the most noticeable issue but if they're using a 256K 5.1 stream instead of the 700+ some use for Atmos streams its not surprising - dynamic range and ambiance might be things compromised for low bit-rates.

For the NowTV app with boost in 5.1 over ARC I have to the have the receiver volume turned up - a problem when forgotten before changing back to TV etc.

MarkE19

Is it possible a mod can move this thread to the TV/Movie on demand streaming forum
I can move this thread if it is wanted by the thread starter and a few others that post here. But so far you seem to be the only one thinking it should be moved :)

So lets see what the masses want and I will decide what is best to be done.

Mark.

gunner84

I can move this thread if it is wanted by the thread starter and a few others that post here. But so far you seem to be the only one thinking it should be moved :)

So lets see what the masses want and I will decide what is best to be done.

Mark.
No worries, I just like to check both threads and find it a pain having to keep going back and forth between the sub-forums.

Graham

Yes I watched the mandalorian yesterday one ep on the ATV 4K and another with the LG C9 app. Thought they were pretty similar in quality. Even with the reduced bit rates I thought the quality was pretty good although the audio dynamics was a little lacking and I had to boost the volume a little. Is this a Disney thing?
Hi

I thought the same, the picture was quite good but the sound seemed almost entirely lacking in dynamic range, with bass practically non existent (although this tends to be an issue with several Disney discs to be fair)

gunner84

Hi

I thought the same, the picture was quite good but the sound seemed almost entirely lacking in dynamic range, with bass practically non existent (although this tends to be an issue with several Disney discs to be fair)
I've only watched The Mandalorian so far, the sound is very poor and I have to boost the volume up a lot just to hear it clearly.

I hope this is not the case with all the content, perhaps it's the bandwidth throttling causing this?
I have not got Atmos but even still the sound quality is really poor.

jwsg

They're switched to a low bandwidth 5.1 audio option (maybe 256Kb/s) whereas streaming Atmos tracks are often 700K+. The extra benefit to the internet is tiny but it's making all the films sound like DVDs

novahob

I'm getting 5.1 show through my amplifier for between 1 to 3 seconds at the start then reverting stereo and not changing back to 5.1. Anyone else getting this behaviour? As I'm reading above some are getting 5.1. I know my amplifier is a few years old but plays Blu-ray's, prime video and Netflix fine. Any other suggestions of something I might need to change?

Last edited:

Nobbler

Distinguished Member
Mandalorian was bad until they added Atmos - now they’ve taken it away again it’s gone back to being poor.
Another point is the 4K HDR section has been removed from the Movies genre list when you select movies on the left panel. At the end was a 4K HDR section...

Trending threads

Top Bottom