Quantcast

Disney+ Information

status42

AVTV showing Dolby Atmos but playing 5.1 only come on Disney/Apple give what your advertising or after 7 days free trial I will cancel Atmos is working on Netflix amazon prime video and Apple Tv+

rustybin

Distinguished Member
Can't comment on the technical aspects, but 1/3 of my children is watching Bolt and therefore not bothering me. So that's a win as far as I'm concerned.

zAndy1

Distinguished Member
Now the U.K. has gone live I can successfully connect to the US service with a DNS4ME using my U.K. creds. Good quality picture too with ATMOS
Is it 4k where available and is it easy to switch between the US and UK content?

Twpmeister

Standard Member
I read recently that due to coronavirus and to not break the internet it was launching with reduced bandwidth. Is it possible they have switched off 4k and atmos etc to reduce bandwidth? Very disappointed that titles claim atmos then don't work in atmos. (Apple Tv)

jwsg

There's a thread about Atmos on ATV 4K but its being mentioned on all twenty of the Disney+ threads, Ive got no Atmos on C8 or ATV so it's load management not setup

Unless we're sure that using a VPN still uses the same CDN it might be best to not put load on the limited resource that is the transatlantic link

Twpmeister

Standard Member
From Disney + website -
Why am I getting low-quality audio or stereo instead of surround sound or Dolby Atmos?

NOTE:
In light of the concerns expressed by government officials regarding the use of broadband services in this challenging time, we have instituted measures to lower bandwidth utilization, and in some circumstances streaming content in HD and UHD formats, including Dolby Atmos audio, will be limited or unavailable. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Once we resume normal operations, this article will be updated with additional trouble shooting tips can also help you navigate your UHD 4K and Dolby Atmos experience on Disney+

BMox81

Distinguished Member
From Disney + website -
Why am I getting low-quality audio or stereo instead of surround sound or Dolby Atmos?

NOTE:
In light of the concerns expressed by government officials regarding the use of broadband services in this challenging time, we have instituted measures to lower bandwidth utilization, and in some circumstances streaming content in HD and UHD formats, including Dolby Atmos audio, will be limited or unavailable. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Once we resume normal operations, this article will be updated with additional trouble shooting tips can also help you navigate your UHD 4K and Dolby Atmos experience on Disney+
All good. We’ll be fine.

paulst10

Distinguished Member
Watching Clone Wars using the 4k Firestick and every now n then after around 15mins the picture goes completely black but the sound continues, anyone else experienced anything like this?

Samv0808

Distinguished Member
Is it 4k where available and is it easy to switch between the US and UK content?
Yes 4K and AtMOs currently. And yes just remove the DNS4ME server from the ATV4k and that gets you UK content after restarting the App. Although not sure why you would as stuff is missing in U.K. (example Frozen 2)

zAndy1

Distinguished Member
Yes 4K and AtMOs currently. And yes just remove the DNS4ME server from the ATV4k and that gets you UK content after restarting the App. Although not sure why you would as stuff is missing in U.K. (example Frozen 2)
Easier to use the user console on the dns4me website and disable Disney+ surely? Don't have to mess about changing the network settings then. I've resubscribed to dns4me as it definitely works better than Getflix , definitely worth it to get access to all content and 4k and Atmos. This combination (ATV 4K with dns4me set to US) seems to be the only way to get Atmos audio for me, native TV app only showing 5.1 and using the app on the ATV4k with it pointing to UK content only seems to send 5.1 despite the content being labelled as Atmos.

DS3Player

Hi All,
Is anyone using a PS4 PRO at all for Disney+?

I only get 4k, no HDR, no atmos etc.

Anyone else got any input on PS4?

Thanks

dUnKle

Distinguished Member
Id of thought those moaning / complaining that the picture / sound is not what expected really need to get a grip. If, when all this is over and things return to "normal" and the quality is still not what was advertised, sure, then moan, but for fudges sake, get a grip, its a movie and tv streaming service, be grateful you are well enough to watch it. There may be some here who never get to see the end of the Mandalorian

JonUK

Id of thought those moaning / complaining that the picture / sound is not what expected really need to get a grip. If, when all this is over and things return to "normal" and the quality is still not what was advertised, sure, then moan, but for fudges sake, get a grip, its a movie and tv streaming service, be grateful you are well enough to watch It.
I agree...... But, it’s the fact that the streaming companies are taking our subscription and not supplying the quality we have paid for, I’m talking to you Netflix and also refusing to compensate us for the reduction. Using the excuse you have still got the same resolution but not the same bitrate is a technical get out in my book.

Blatant profiteering and should be brought to book.

JonUK

Samv0808

Distinguished Member
Easier to use the user console on the dns4me website and disable Disney+ surely? Don't have to mess about changing the network settings then. I've resubscribed to dns4me as it definitely works better than Getflix , definitely worth it to get access to all content and 4k and Atmos. This combination (ATV 4K with dns4me set to US) seems to be the only way to get Atmos audio for me, native TV app only showing 5.1 and using the app on the ATV4k with it pointing to UK content only seems to send 5.1 despite the content being labelled as Atmos.
In the quick test I did using the console on the DNS4ME site didn’t work. It still connected to US even with box unticked for the D+ service so I assumed cause I still had their DNS server on my ATV settings. Didn’t test for very long though so will try again later.

Agreed I can too only get 4K and AtMOs going to US on my ATV4K

Samv0808

Distinguished Member
Id of thought those moaning / complaining that the picture / sound is not what expected really need to get a grip. If, when all this is over and things return to "normal" and the quality is still not what was advertised, sure, then moan, but for fudges sake, get a grip, its a movie and tv streaming service, be grateful you are well enough to watch it. There may be some here who never get to see the end of the Mandalorian
Agree that it will settle down. Even when US launched in pre-covid times there were issues with quality so it will probably settle down more even before this is all over as Disney make tweeks based on usage.

zAndy1

Distinguished Member
In the quick test I did using the console on the DNS4ME site didn’t work. It still connected to US even with box unticked for the D+ service so I assumed cause I still had their DNS server on my ATV settings. Didn’t test for very long though so will try again later.

Agreed I can too only get 4K and AtMOs going to US on my ATV4K
You have to close the app and give it a min or two to register I think, it does work as that's what I've been going. Definitely more convenient but to be honest might as well just leave it set to US really, doesn't seem to be any downside to doing that

-gonzo-

Distinguished Member
I agree...... But, it’s the fact that the streaming companies are taking our subscription and not supplying the quality we have paid for, I’m talking to you Netflix and also refusing to compensate us for the reduction. Using the excuse you have still got the same resolution but not the same bitrate is a technical get out in my book.

Blatant profiteering and should be brought to book.

JonUK
For me there’s more important things to worry about than losing out on what’s essentially £3 IMO.

BMox81

Distinguished Member
More important things to worry about than losing out on what’s essentially £3 IMO.
I’m relieved that there are some sensible people who are thinking bigger picture than about an audio format on a streaming service.

jwsg

I'd hoped the 5.1 track would only be a little lower bit-rate than with Atmos but the audio is pretty grim so they may have dropped to the 200Kb/s region.

It's equally OK to moan that companies have dropped quality before there are actual network issues as it is to just put up it with in the current situation. But unless we know for sure accessing US streams also use local servers it would be nicest not to put extra load on the limited transatlantic link.

novahob

Shame about the 5.1 audio not being present due to the current situation. When I start to stream it does use 5.1 for about 1/2 seconds then goes to stereo. I think I'll wait till restrictions lifted now to watch some programmes.
Does anyone know on Android TV app how to view the picture quality that it's currently streaming at?

JonUK

For me there’s more important things to worry about than losing out on what’s essentially £3 IMO.
It might be just £3 for the individual, many £Ms for the provider.

Why should they profiteer over the situation.

JonUK

BMox81

Distinguished Member
It might be just £3 for the individual, many £Ms for the provider.

Why should they profiteer over the situation.

JonUK
Why be so cynical about it? It's an audio codec on a streaming service. They've said that once things get back to normal they'll assess and revert back. You can still hear whats coming out of your speakers so just enjoy the content.

Trending threads

Latest News

Huawei launches Vision X65 OLED TV in China
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Virgin Media adds more free Sky channels
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Disney Plus reaches 50 million subscribers globally
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung to end Smart View app support on older TVs