Quantcast

Disney+ Information

Samv0808

Distinguished Member
Just noticed Mandalorian now does DV and Atmos.Cool......No more a matter of life and death. Only watched one episode. Will binge watch this weekend

60002C65-AD07-4789-A95C-6B1953BE00AF.jpeg

Last edited:

Borospark

Standard Member
When my D+ stopped with the dolby vision and dolby atmos after the update, I just rebooted my appletv box and both came back and have been on ever since.

Regarding the statements earlier about whether to keep a US account or not, If you sign up for a UK one and the line up is inferior to the US then you just change your location back to the US or better still the Netherlands which is far superior to both, keeping the same UK account
I currently have a US account but log into the Netherlands on my ipad via VPN and they get all the x-men as well as black panther, and AM&TW already

Last edited:

MarkNorton1

This might be a strange question so bare with me, but has anyone got a 4k digital Disney film, frozen, Moana etc in Movies Anywhere and compared its quality over the Disney + stream? I haven’t but been considering getting a few of them in code form due to the quality on Disney + not always being great.

Not sure there should be a difference and the source might well be identical anyway, just wondered if anyone has real experience on this?

BMox81

Distinguished Member
DisneyPlus are doing a month long deal where you can sign up for the year for £49.99 - £10 saving.

low-def.

DisneyPlus are doing a month long deal where you can sign up for the year for £49.99 - £10 saving.
Wonder if the content between UK and US are different?

richp007

Distinguished Member
Do we have release dates yet for the other Marvel shows? That £50 deal probably wouldn't be too bad for a lot of people. Especially if they have kids who the channel would entertain.

BMox81

Distinguished Member
I think the differences will be minimal at best.

I've signed up - was going to pay £60 next month regardless so paying £50 now to get it locked in (for at least this year) was a no brainer.

low-def.

There will be differences but I would expect we will be able to switch to USA servers via a smartdns, much like how we can currently switch between USA and nl
I already have a US account, using via smart DNS, will I need to create another?

BMox81

Distinguished Member

supermackem

Any news on what tvs the app will be on?.

low-def.

Just tried to sign in and pre-order for the UK subscription and it says this email address already registered and not valid with offer.

chopples

Just tried to sign in and pre-order for the UK subscription and it says this email address already registered and not valid with offer.
Sorry mate, misunderstood your question earlier. Yep the offer is for new signups only so a different email address will be needed

Beardy101

Just signed up as UK pre order £49.99.
Trying a 14 day free trial of getflix.
All signed in and working on ATV. Will only keep getflix for 14 days and then wait for the launch proper.

Edit:

Stream quality was awful with getflix DNS.
Switch back to auto DNS on ATV without shutting down Disney app and it now looks glorious.

Last edited:

chopples

All signed in and working on ATV. Will only keep getflix for 14 days and then wait for the launch proper
Makes you wonder why Disney are supposedly releasing the mandalorian on a weekly basis when we can just use a smartdns and binge on the lot.

BMox81

Distinguished Member
Makes you wonder why Disney are supposedly releasing the mandalorian on a weekly basis when we can just use a smartdns and binge on the lot.
Because most people (non forum going folk) wont know what smart DNS/VPN is and therefore won't use it?

chopples

Because most people (non forum going folk) wont know what smart DNS/VPN is and therefore won't use it?
correct but If Disney really cared they could have just set the service up to work like prime video.

Whilst most will not bother with a dns is I would wager that star wars fans will be familiar with the show and also be aware that it has already been shown in full, I also expect that some will pirate instead of waiting the 8 weeks for all episodes to be up

RobTi

All signed in and working on ATV. Will only keep getflix for 14 days and then wait for the launch proper.

Edit:

Stream quality was awful with getflix DNS.
Switch back to auto DNS on ATV without shutting down Disney app and it now looks glorious.
why did you need to use a dns ?

BMox81

Distinguished Member
correct but If Disney really cared they could have just set the service up to work like prime video.

Whilst most will not bother with a dns is I would wager that star wars fans will be familiar with the show and also be aware that it has already been shown in full, I also expect that some will pirate instead of waiting the 8 weeks for all episodes to be up
Who’s to say that won’t be like that once all the other countries are up and running?

If people were that desperate to watch Mandalorian then yes, they probably would have watched it already. But I’d say there was a bigger demographic that were more than happy to wait if it meant not flying through hoops (US account, Credit, DNS/VPN) to watch it.

Goooner

Distinguished Member

Plenty of mentions on Social Media of how and what to do, so I imagine it's more widely known about than just the likes of us that frequent these sort of forums.

Not saying they'd all (or even that many of them) do it, but the information is pretty common knowledge for those that have half a mind to.

I dare say anyone that bothered would've done it by now, if they were going to.

Trending threads

Latest News

High End Munich 2020 Hi-Fi Show cancelled
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung leads global TV market for 14th straight year
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Apple wireless home cinema audio hinted by patent?
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung and BT deliver UK’s first live 8K sports broadcast
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins confirms corporate changes
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Top Bottom