Quantcast

Disney+ Information

Geoggy

Thanks - he signed up anyway, followed all the instructions to set up the app on his Xbox, did the DNS and every time we load the app it just says “not available in your region”.

have given up!

Nobbler

Distinguished Member
I couldn’t get it working on the Xbox either even when it was running just fine on the ATV - same settings/network everything.

Geoggy

I couldn’t get it working on the Xbox either even when it was running just fine on the ATV - same settings/network everything.
he’s got an LG TV - but no idea howto get the app onto that

iNspectorgadJet

On the Xbox, Netflix ignores DNS settings and uses servers hardcoded into the app. I wonder if Disney+ is going down a similar route and forcing specific DNS servers on Xbox. SmartDNSProxy provides a workaround for forcing DNS requests to their servers but it only works with Linux based routers where you force all the DNS traffic to the SmartDNSProxy servers.
I have a Roku ultra and that uses Google DNS by default. On my Netgear router I block Google DNS and the Roku reverts to using the SmartDNSProxy. Perhaps something similar can be done if you can determine the DNS servers Netflix is using?

HDot

I’ve subscribed to Disney plus via Apple TV on the US site now that Mandolorian is over do I unsubscribe via Disney plus site or via Apple TV?

edit I’ve found it via iTunes

zAndy1

Distinguished Member
I've taken out a months sub to dns4me and reactivated my Disney+ sub to watch the end of the Mandalorian , it's working fine but I'm watching it now and I can't help thinking it doesn't look 4k to me, watching episode 6 and whilst it's better than it was using getflix it looks HD rather than 4K, anyone else checked recently and happy it's definitely 4k using dns4me?

Geoggy

It was playing fine for me in 4k and Dolby Atmos but I am using the LG built in app.
is there a guide anywhere to getting this working on an LG tv?

Geoggy

You've got to change the area code in the service menu with either a service remote control or a Logitech Harmony.
ok thanks - will wait until end of March lol

BMox81

Distinguished Member
I'm in the process of picking up the MCU films in 4K for my MA account just so I have copies of my own in the event I decide to drop D+ at anytime and if Disney and Apple finally reach a compromise and they go 4K in iTunes. Very nice that they've all dropped considerably. Happy to pay $5 each for the ones I need.

Then after that, who knows. Always said that once D+ comes out then that would be that on the Disney front but I know what I'm like - I'll want to watch them as soon as they're available... lol

Nobbler

Distinguished Member
I've taken out a months sub to dns4me and reactivated my Disney+ sub to watch the end of the Mandalorian , it's working fine but I'm watching it now and I can't help thinking it doesn't look 4k to me, watching episode 6 and whilst it's better than it was using getflix it looks HD rather than 4K, anyone else checked recently and happy it's definitely 4k using dns4me?
There’s a link in this thread somewhere regarding this and the original Star Wars trilogy. Appears to be nothing over 100nits onscreen at any time so it’s kind of a false HDR. It’s on Vincent Teoh channel on You Tube

zAndy1

Distinguished Member
There’s a link in this thread somewhere regarding this and the original Star Wars trilogy. Appears to be nothing over 100nits onscreen at any time so it’s kind of a false HDR. It’s on Vincent Teoh channel on You Tube
Yeah aware of that, I was more referring to the resolution really, just didn't strike me as being 4K, looked more HD to me

Yeah aware of that, I was more referring to the resolution really, just didn't strike me as being 4K, looked more HD to me
You can enable the developer mode on your Apple TV by connecting it to a Mac through Xcode then you can show the resolution and bitrate overlay on the Video's your watching It will show you If It's playing at 4K.

Personally dns4me plays at 4K for me I have confirmed that through the Playback Hud on my Apple TV.

BMox81

Distinguished Member

UK release date has been bumped up a week to 24th March.

Think I'll just pay the £60 for the year - works out to be £5 a month then.

BMox81

Distinguished Member
When does Sky’s Disney deal end? Won’t this be a rather limited service here until such a date?
This year. I'd expect most of the content will be in there on launch.

Andy Clark

Anyone know if the Roku devices are going to get the Disney+ app please?

bigry

Distinguished Member

UK release date has been bumped up a week to 24th March.

Think I'll just pay the £60 for the year - works out to be £5 a month then.
If your able to get to a Wilkinson’s before 31st they selling itune cards with 10% off making it £54 a year £4.50 a month

BMox81

Distinguished Member
If your able to get to a Wilkinson’s before 31st they selling itune cards with 10% off making it £54 a year £4.50 a month
Won't Apple apply their markup when signing up via iTunes though?

Nobbler

Distinguished Member
Hopefully those of us that have had the early access and using dns4me will be able to keep paying and playing as we have been. By that I mean that hopefully they’ll add a UK option to their Disney+ access on their support page.
Then if it all falls into place I’ll be able to add it to my families devices so they can watch it on my account.
Lot of “hopefully” in there :D

Trending threads

Latest News

Disney developing AI based video compression
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Vizio announces Disney+ available on SmartCast TVs
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Audio-Technica reveals Kokutan and Asada Zakura headphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published