Quantcast

Disney+ Information

MJC UK

Like the Movies Anywhere thread, I think it’s worth starting one for Disney+ rather than having it being discussed in the other threads.

In the lead up to its release, track the shows that we’re excited about, the 4K content, the fact it will make the majority of my iTunes library redundant etc etc

then when it launches, we can use this thread to track how the hell we get it to work in the U.K. - VPNs and US ITunes Store credit at the ready

UPDATED WITH STARTER GUIDE (thanks Neil)

For People Outside U.S Using An Apple TV/iPhone/iPad With SmartDNS:

Step 1. Get U.S Apple ID (if you dont already have one)

Step 2. Add credit to said Apple ID (Amazon vouchers or similar from US site and if no credit on account already)

Step 3. Get Smart DNS account (if you dont already have one)

Step 4. Set up Smart DNS settings to suit on their website (use nearest PHYSICAL locations as server(s) and ensure you set Channel group D to U.S

Step 5. Add these DNS servers to your device (Router/Apple TV/iPhone/iPad) (I use them in my router)

Step 6. Sign into device (Apple TV, iPhone or iPad) using U.S Apple ID (For iOS, this only needs to be done under Setting>iTunes & App Store, on Apple TV just add the account under Settings>Users and Accounts>Add New User)

Step 7. Download Disney+ App

Step 8. Start free trial and create an account with Disney+

FAQ can be found here

Last edited:

midknight

Distinguished Member
D23 have an offer on of three years subscription for the price of two (it’s free to become a D23 member) but it’s obviously a risky proposition for us as no idea if we will be able to get it to work in the UK. Still not a bad deal.

MJC UK

I’d be all over that if I had confidence I’d be able to use it over here! Hopefully we get something similar when it launches

Over by there

Looking forward to this when it lands in the UK. I have been making a point of not buying any of the titles as soon as I sussed out it could happen.

jwsg

I got a ATV 4K for Itunes movies and that's worked out fine, though I was a bit surprised to see Apple TV apps this year... But if D+ is in 4K on the ATV I'll be very pleased - Ive mostly used LG apps for current streaming services.

BMox81

Distinguished Member
I love Disney, have probably treble dipped on purchases over the years. They have all the franchises and films I enjoy watching.

I'm 100% in on day one. Hook or by crook, I'll be VPN/DNS'd up and will be enjoying The Mandalorian on 12th November.

But it does now raise the question of future purchases.... Given all their future releases will be on the platform, is it worth continuing buying any of the films (at least digitally) seeing as they're going to be on there in 4K DV/HDR10 and Atmos?

BMox81

Distinguished Member

antsims

Distinguished Member

BMox81

Distinguished Member
No one will know until the services goes live - and it likely may change signup process over the first few weeks to shut down international sign ups until it's in their home country.
If they’re allowing you to purchase the service through your Apple ID as already stated then the regular signup process is redundant.

BMox81

Distinguished Member
If you so happen to have a Dutch iTunes account, the Disney+ app is available to download.

‎Disney+

I just don't see how you don't subscribe to this!

Last edited:

rogdodge

I thought, as I live in Holland I would give it a try. The 'Free' trial is until 27 November. Usual log-in registration procedure but I had to provide a Dutch bank account. I set my LG TV up for Netherlands and was able to find the Disney+ app. I logged in with my details and the Disney screen came up no problem. I would point out that for those who might be aching to get onto Disney+ at the moment most of the choices are older films and shows. Great for kids though! $6.99 a month from 27 Nov seems OK as long as this means there will be new shows and films.

MJC UK

The Disney+ app looks great, very nice interface taking all the best parts from the other streaming apps

Roll on November!

tim68

just read on the BBC that Disney + will be launched in the UK on March 31 next year along with Germany, France, Spain and Italy, no price yet.

Timh

just read on the BBC that Disney + will be launched in the UK on March 31 next year along with Germany, France, Spain and Italy, no price yet.
So there’s plenty of time to see spoilers for The Mandalorian :mad:

bgalakazam

Kind of wanted to do Disney+, but I am in Italy and my router doesn't do VPNs. And I don't want to watch over an iPhone or a computer. Guess I'll wait a bit for it to be available in Italy.

Timh

I signed up for a US account using ExpressVPN
Your you’ve signed up to Disney+ using ExpressVPN?
If so how do you pay for it as I thought you would need an American registered credit card.

Vila

Your you’ve signed up to Disney+ using ExpressVPN?
If so how do you pay for it as I thought you would need an American registered credit card.

I'd imagine the most straight forward way for most people would be to buy a prepaid US credit card I know thats what a lot of people use who want US iTunes / movies anywhere / HBO go etc

Trending threads

Latest News

Disney+ announces discount for European launch
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Disney developing AI based video compression
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Vizio announces Disney+ available on SmartCast TVs
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Audio-Technica reveals Kokutan and Asada Zakura headphones