Disney Bargain Thread !!!

rhythmslave said:
Are these official releases:

http://www.koreandvds.com/dvddetail.html?id=28482

The price seems too good to be true, but koreandvds.com are a recommended retailer, and the synopsis states that these are Disney.
They are listed as region all, which doesn't seem right.

Looks like originals to me. I have seen that disclaimer about the coverart before. Depending on region etc.

Also if they are copies i would have thought some of the titles are a little on teh steep side for copies.

Crossy

rhythmslave said:
Are these official releases:

http://www.koreandvds.com/dvddetail.html?id=28482

The price seems too good to be true, but koreandvds.com are a recommended retailer, and the synopsis states that these are Disney.
They are listed as region all, which doesn't seem right.

Could be original releases of the films so won't have any special features or improved picture. Also I doubt they are in 5.1 as advertised.

Just done a quick check and found:

Bambi - £9.99 from Choices UK
Duck Tales: Treasure of the lost lamp £4.79 from Select Cheaper
Dumbo £8.49 from the Hut

Cheers
Brett

:smashin: Phew, ok that's the 1st post updated with the latest prices.

Don't forget that there are a few BOGOF deals going around on disney as well so some titles may work out cheaper that way.

Yeah or you can get: Brother bear 2, Tarzan, Mary Poppins and Lilo Stitch for £17.99 :thumbsup:

I already have Poppins, but it still a good deal. Also Cars will prob be cheaper elsewhere and I want to try get the Amazon Japan set... :mad: but it sold out for the moment

Cinderella / Bambi / Mary Poppins / Alice In Wonderland / Dumbo & more here

Better hurry as i dont think it will last long at £17.97 :thumbsup:

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

Better hurry as i dont think it will last long at £17.97 :thumbsup:

Nice one :thumbsup: 1 present sorted!!!!

Full list of movies included are:

Cinderella, Mary Poppins, Bambi, Alice in Wonderland, Dumbo, Aristocats, Bedknobs & Broomsticks, Hercules, Robin Hood and The Sword In The Stone

Just hope they dont cancel the orders as its much cheaper than elsewhere and could be a misprice.

cheers :) quite a bargain, bet my little nephew will love them!

does anyone here know where i could (Cheapest) find all 3 mighty ducks movies from?

thanks alot

Cant see Amazon honouring this,they have made few pricing errors lately and knocked them back.Good luck to those who have ordered.:smashin:

ASDA currently have 2 for £15 on loads of disney dvds including some decent ones for once rather than just the rubbish.

Ordered 4 sets - xmas godchild bonanza!

it's people like you who order multiple orders that prevents those who are buying for genuine pressies that spoils it for everyone.

I bet the multiple orders send flags up then they cancel the orders :(

having said that the law needs to change because if they screwed up the price instore they would have to sell it at that price no matter what.

yes, I'm expecting a cancellation email.

having said that the law needs to change because if they screwed up the price instore they would have to sell it at that price no matter what.

Unfortunately that's not true. In store it's classed as 'an invitation to offer' and until money has changed hands the shop owner has the right to refuse to sell it to you.

At the end of the day it's down to the store's attitude to customer service and many larger stores (particularily supermarkets) will honour the displayed price to keep a customer. However some don't and I had a row in the past in Woolies with a snotty little teenage manager who said he didn't have to sell me a dvd at the stickered price claiming that kids had probably swapped the stickers round on the boxes. A bit impossible but it was his excuse and he was sticking to it. :mad:

And, yes, I'm expecting a canx email too. :(

Someone over at another forum contacted Amazon about this and out and out asked them if it was a misprice and they said it wasn't, it was a special promotional price that was Friday only. There is the chance that they had a certain number available at £17.97 and between us we may have gone over that number, but it's looking good for a fair few of us actually getting this!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom