Disklok - any users?

gamingboy

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've noticed that there is a rise in the number of Fiesta STs that are going missing.

I'm thinking a full size disklok may be the way to go when I park the car somewhere. Along with leaving the car in gear, on full lock, nose in so that it's harder to tow/drag out.

I'm just wondering is it better to leave the disklok off when parked on the drive? The reason for this thinking is that with the disklok on would thiefs be tempted to try to break into the house looking for the car keys and the disklok key?

At the end of the day I want to make it harder for them and minimise the risk, but I'd rather the car go then someone come into the house and part of me is wondering whether the disklok will make them move on, or attempt to get the keys.

Obvious question is, do you know how the other Fiestas are being nicked?

Seems to be mostly the OBD method same as the BMW method. I've relocated the port, so it's not easy to do this now without setting off the alarm.

So the disklok will be a visual deterrent really and the car would need to be towed, or the keys would be needed. So not sure if it's more trouble than it's worth at home.

They'd break into the car, realise that they can't programme a key and would I guess leave it at this point. Or that's the hope. By this point they've been on the drive for a few minutes already.

That would be the hope.
As you say though, always the fear they'd start kicking your door down.
No easy answer to determined scum.

Think it would be a visual deterrent more than anything. Any chancers who are just looking for a car to pinch will most likely move on when they see the disclock. The only thing is its a pain storing it in the car when your driving and is annoying to put on every time you use the car. Anyone who has your car in mind to pinch will know where it is and will know it has a disc lock and will come equipped accordingly.

Had a Disklok on my BMW for 3 year every night. Takes about 10 seconds to put on and off once your use to it. Storing it is a pain. I kept it behind/under the drivers seat. If back seats need to be used, I moved it to the boot.

It can mark the bottom of the steering wheel, but sort with some protective tape in the correct place.

Other thing you can do is move the original OBD port, and put a dummy in its place. I did this, than forgot to tell the garage when I took it for servicing, had the local mechanic phone me in a panic because he thought some one had a go at nicking the car via the OBD port, and some how managed to damage the port in the process :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom