Disk Swap - Driving Me Mad

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by JFS43, Sep 6, 2012.

1. JFS43

JFS43
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi -

I've had a bunch of 'Technical Fault 7' problems and am convinced my standard 500gb drive in my Sky DXR890 is dying, I can hear it chattering away and it just doesn't sound right.

I've purchased a Seagate 1Tb Pipeline drive, done the ExPVR transfer of programs that aren't corrupt, but I can't get the sky box to accept the disk.

I can hear it power up & spin, but I just get a 'recording and playback not available' message, like the disk cannot be used.

Any pointers?

2. kb10

kb10
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    If you connections are secure, it is worth trying to switch on several times.

I have encountered the "recording and playback not available" message when using new 1T and 2T disks for the first time. In my case, switching off power for a few minutes and trying again was successful after the 2nd or 3rd such attempt. Once each new disk and the Sky box got to know one another, the message never appeared again and recordings were OK. I have not had to use the planner rebuild or any other measure.

It is worth a try before attempting anything more drastic.

3. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,759
    Yes, to the message form at MySky, to report the problem and ask Sky to fix it, preferably by supplying a new free machine.
    Welcome to the forum - Logi